Downloading the insider preview on my 830?

META_Bigdanzo

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
To clear up, I want to know if it's worth downloading the insider preview on my Nokia Lumia 830? Why I ask is I know the first initial release of Win 10 Mobile is coming out in a week but I'm really eager (like really hyped) to see what's different from WP 8.1 to WP 10. I've seen so many screen shots that I just want to try it but I don't want to have to go through all of that hassle, just to have to reset it a week later. I'm very conflicted about it.

So should I take my chances and go all out or wait for the official release?

JohnStrk

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I was in the same boat until finally trying it last week on my daily driver L830. But I first hard reset 8.1, then installed Insider Preview app, updated to W10M, then a final hard reset. And I started fresh and did not restore a backup.

I'm happy with it so far. Battery life is not that great but it has stabilized after a few days. Not running many apps in the background. No major issues. But I haven't installed this latest cumulative 10586.29 update yet. I'll probably wait till official OTA carrier release before trying another update or hard reset.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire