How to manually sync Google calendar Windows Phone 10

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

Does anyone know how to manually sync my Google calendar in Windows Phone 10. With Windows Phone 8.1 I had an option to manually sync by tapping and holding the account name and choose sync. I can't find anything like it in WP 10?

I can not use the mail app to sync, because I don't use mail sync with this account.

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
You have the gmail account on the phone and have the calendar selected to sync and not email, right?
It makes no difference, when you use email sync, everything syncs on all accounts and all that is selected.

anon(6012307)

May 20, 2013
Visit site
That is correct.
Use email sync? How do I do that? If I open Outlook Mail app it says that nothing is synced and I can't see a sync option anywhere.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I have have Gmail account on my phone. So within Outlook, go to settings, choose Manage Accounts. Select Gmail, pick "change mailbox sync settings." - once in, find "Sync Options" then chose the ones you want to sync...

anon(6012307)

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I already choose to have my calendar synced. my question is as follows: when I add something to calendar.google.com then it isn't on my phone rightaway (due to CALDAV I have to wait until the next sync interval) so I want to be able to do a manual sync which was possible with WP 8.1 but I can't find that option on my WP10 device.

dichterDichter

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
i have the same problem with an cal-dav server and a icloud account workaround.
The Problem is, the calendar syncs when i add a new item on my WP10. but when i add something on website it takes whatever time i chose to sync, no way to do it manually.

i wish it could be like with outlook app where i can set it to sync every time i open it.

Deezla

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site
I had this problem and found a workaround. I just click '+' (add event) type a couple of letters for the event name and hit save. It creates the new event and it causes an immediate account sync. Then you just quickly delete the entry/event you made to trigger the sync

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes