Why does my Microsoft account not sync contacts to my Windows 8 Phone

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I had to reset my Windows Phone. During setup I have to enter a Microsoft account (I used my @Outlook.com account). After setup finishes I see that my emails and calendar are completely synced. Perfect. But people (contacts) are not and the app requests to add an account. When I try to add the @Outlook.com account I get a message that the account already exists.

When I go to Settings | Email + Account and I click on the existing Microsoft Account I see Content to sync: Email. There are no other options to sync calendar, contacts or tasks.

How can I get the contacts of my @Outlook.com account to sync on my WIndows 8 Phone?

Thanks

Marc

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I had to reset my Windows Phone. During setup I have to enter a Microsoft account (I used my @Outlook.com account). After setup finishes I see that my emails and calendar are completely synced. Perfect. But people (contacts) are not and the app requests to add an account. When I try to add the @Outlook.com account I get a message that the account already exists.

When I go to Settings | Email + Account and I click on the existing Microsoft Account I see Content to sync: Email. There are no other options to sync calendar, contacts or tasks.

How can I get the contacts of my @Outlook.com account to sync on my WIndows 8 Phone?

Thanks

Marc

which phone model is this? Can you update the phone to 8.1? The newer OS might make it work

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Mmmmmarc

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
My phone is a Nokia Lumia 925 - Software Windows Phone 8.1 Update (Denim)
OS version 8.10.14234.375

In the mean time I had two chat sessions with Microsoft agents. The second agent provided a workaround: my contacts were copied from Outlook.com to another Microsoft account which synchronizes correctly. But since I use the Outlook.com account as major account I still want to be able to sync this account.

(I will be traveling the next two weeks, so my answers may be delayed somewhat)

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
My phone is a Nokia Lumia 925 - Software Windows Phone 8.1 Update (Denim)
OS version 8.10.14234.375

In the mean time I had two chat sessions with Microsoft agents. The second agent provided a workaround: my contacts were copied from Outlook.com to another Microsoft account which synchronizes correctly. But since I use the Outlook.com account as major account I still want to be able to sync this account.

(I will be traveling the next two weeks, so my answers may be delayed somewhat)

possibly the first sync wasn't able to get the contacts correctly - it might clear itself in a few days

Mmmmmarc

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
I wish it ere that simple. Yesterday I bought new windows 10 phone. It does now sync my emails and calendar. It does NOT sync my contacts.

I think this conclusively proves the problem is in the outlook.com account

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I wish it ere that simple. Yesterday I bought new windows 10 phone. It does now sync my emails and calendar. It does NOT sync my contacts.

I think this conclusively proves the problem is in the outlook.com account

since you were able to see your contacts in the outlook website, can you export them as csv, then delete them from outlook and add them again? Using the same csv?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon