Why did tiles disappear from the start screen after phone update?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

It was a struggle to get the phone to update in the 1st place, requiring many soft resets and possibly turning battery saver off. So now it tells me it has successfully downloaded and installed 2 updates, but the settings tile and one other are now gone from the start screen. Just gone, not replaced by another feature. I just see the blank/dark blue color where the tiles should be. What happened and how do i get them back?

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, can you go to the apps list, find the tile and pin to start?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

George Ponder

Editor
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
What are you updating from and to?

Replacing the Settings Tile (or any other that might have been removed) can be done by side swiping from the Start Screen to your app list and repin what you want. As an alternative to re-pinning the Settings Tile, you can access the settings from the Notifications Menu. I find it a lot easier than pinning a tile.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
It was a struggle to get the phone to update in the 1st place, requiring many soft resets and possibly turning battery saver off. So now it tells me it has successfully downloaded and installed 2 updates, but the settings tile and one other are now gone from the start screen. Just gone, not replaced by another feature. I just see the blank/dark blue color where the tiles should be. What happened and how do i get them back?

this might have happened with a bad restore of start screen - you should be able to pin the tiles back from apps list

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo