Windows 10 phone vs windows phone 8.1?

Leonel Funes

Windows 10 & Xbox Champion
Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
What you like most in w10 phone??
Pls don't simply say start screen,integration,bla bla....

Say it honestly ?

I honestly like the deep integration with my PC and the newer Start Screen :]

Jokes aside, I like that it gives other companies an OS that has a brighter future than WP8. Every update makes it better, so I'm hopeful others will pick up where Lumia left off. I think we're starting to see it happening with HP, Acer, Alcatel, Sony, and even smaller, local companies including WhartonBrooks. Let's hope Samsung, HTC, LG, etc. forgive and forget past Windows Phone experiences and join the party!

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
definitely 8.1 , more because i miss kids corner which was a great tool to protect your privacy. the total complete optimization that it had and quarterly updates which were almost bug free like gdr1 gdr2 .....

feature wise windows 10 beats 8.1 in all quarters but app specific details and performance were way way better in windows phone 8.1

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
With 10, added notifications and tiles in Action Center, swipe in Outlook to archive, delete etc, Office, and the ability for transparency on Start screen.

As for 8.1 overall stability, consistency and performance, store and how it just works sooo much better, and certain apps I used that appear to be no longer available or work on 10.

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
Win better for most.
Office has better support and screen flow.
Email allows you to pick address to send from, allows attachment other than just pictures.
Universal apps.
8.1 better for:
People hub
Calendar
Tasks
Groups.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
The People Hub is, to me, Windows 10's biggest failing along with the disappearance of LinkedIn contacts integration. We could go on til the cows come home on this subject but it's ultimately each individual user's needs that state the case for one versus the other. Windows 10 has the best Outlook client in the smartphone business but BBM only works on WinPho 8/8.1. I personally like the keyboard from 8.1 as well as the fonts. Maybe Microsoft one day comes down from the serious LSD trip it's on and puts the winning features back. Perhaps it's me who's trippin' to think such a stupid thought.

amywaco30

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
Win 10:
- More apps. I I upgrade my L640 to W10 when my banking app stopped working in 8.1.
- Constant upgrades. Incremental improvement. It's like I got a new phone when it upgraded to W10, and each new improvement keeps me interested in the phone.
- The start screen is awesome. I use transparent tiles and CAS Preview (City Art Search) and it's gorgeous.
- Updated camera app is easier to use.
- Windows Maps is as good, maybe a little bit better, than Here+ Nav.

But really, its about the apps. Windows Phone doesn't have a lot, but W10 has more than 8.1.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goergtalk