My banking app wont install, says my phone is jailbroken!!

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi guys.

I joined the insider program at the beginning of last year and whilst there have been a few niggles, the phone has behaved rather well however, this morning, when I went to use my banking app, the app said it was not available on "jailbroken phones"!! I have tried to leave the insider program to reboot and start again but Microsoft have now changed the options and you cannot leave it - any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
It would help if we knew what phone and OS version of the insider program you presently are using. The latest two versions 15002 and 15007 have been smooth for some and abominations for others; myself included.

Join the site so you can reply to posts and please give us as much info as you can on which app; etc.

Skiiddy

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Has happened to me too.

Everything fine until the last insider update on my 950 XL using the Barclays app. Any number of restarts won't allow me to use the app, keeps saying my phone is jail broken!

any help appreciated

a1mark

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Same here. 950XL fast insider ring (15031). Been like this for about four weeks. Barclays app says it won't work on jailbroken devices and I need to do a factory reset. Did that four times! No change. Bought new phone*, same model, still no joy. Shame because it's a great little app.

* previous pphone had badly broken screen so not the only reason :eek:)

Centrifuge Games

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I've had this happen to me with the Barclays app occasionally, even on a 950 that's never installed an insider build (though it tends to work OK if you restart the app a few times). Could be that there's actually an issue with the app, rather than it being related to the insider program?

Chippy757

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
Same over here with the 950XL. I am pretty sure Barclays app used to work fine with Preview builds before but now when I went to latest one from production it just stopped. Coincidence?

G4Grandad

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Can you access your account from the browser? I'm with Lloyds and Halifax, both apps were problematic before they were withdrawn but always accessible via Edge and still are.

TV3

May 1, 2017
Visit site
Same over here with the 950XL. I am pretty sure Barclays app used to work fine with Preview builds before but now when I went to latest one from production it just stopped. Coincidence?

Agreed, always hopped between fast/slow/release and it never impacted on the Barlcays Mobile Banking nor Pingit apps. Only the Creators Update (10.0.15063.251) has led to the "jailbroken" message.

TV3

May 1, 2017
Visit site
Message received from Barclays this afternoon saying that they are aware of the Windows 10 Mobile Creators Update problem and their teams are working on a fix.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz