Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Insider Preview running in virtual machine not activated.

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi All,
On my desktop I'm currently running Windows 10 Pro, Version 1607, O.S. Build # 14393.693, of course it's a 'activated / genuine ' edition of software. I recently installed the latest VMware Workstation Player software, and setup a new virtual machine with Windows 10 Technical Preview Edition Build # 15002 on it. To be honest..this is actually my first real attempt at running a virtual machine setup. Setting up the new virtual machine went well..I have internet access..sound..etc., about the ONLY thing I don't have access to is my printer. Now if I can just figure out how to get the o.s. running on the virtual machine 'activated' so I can enjoy all of it's feature's.
Thanks,
David

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Per my understanding of Windows Insider builds, these have to be installed on top on a genuine Windows for activation purposes (for obvious reasons). You cannot just download and install an Insider build if your account doesn't have a genuine licence.

Davy49

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
Hi,
Thanks so much for your reply, I got my 'virtual' copy of Windows 10 to activate pretty easy. As I remember, I clicked on a activation troubleshooter, and my 'host' computer was listed there..I was instructed to simply login to my live.com account and it was automatically activated.
Thanks,
David

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99