Windows 10 Mobile - Call Recording

scionluna

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
I am wondering of anyone else lost the ability to record phone calls on the Phone app in their Windows Phone.
I noticed this feature was gone the other day and rebooting the phone did not help in restoring the call recording function.
I am using a Lumia 950 XL running OS 10.0.14393.693.
Thanks for the help.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Try to do a Power OFF, Power ON cycle...it reset it for me last week when Call Recording would go missing, and a Soft-Reset did not work. This was on Build 15031 (Insider Fast Ring)

950XL, DS, USA

scionluna

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
@MTF1830
A Power OFF, Power ON cycle is turning off the phone and turning it back on immediately, correct?
I turned off my phone last night to insert an SD card and turned right back on. The Call Recording function is still missing.

7ghm7

Mar 18, 2017
Visit site
Same issue here as well. Phone did an automatic update the evening of 16 March -- after which "Record" function missing from Phone app, and "Choose the app you want to use to manage recorded phone calls" shows "No compatible apps" within Settings. I've cycled power, and performed a soft reset -- no help. Voice Recorder works fine. Lumia 950XL running Windows 10, OS build 10.0.14393.953.

Olof Lagerkvist

May 28, 2013
Visit site
In case anyone else still has this problem, I seem to have found a somewhat surprising cause & fix for this issue. In my case it was the "Photos Add-On" app that stopped call recording from working in exactly this way. This app can be uninstalled by going to Settings - Apps - Photos, scroll down to extension list for Photos app, select Photos.DLC.Main and select Uninstall. Then, after a reboot I could once again select call recording app in phone settings.

(I will soon send this to Microsoft through feedback hub as well, just need to collect some more info about some details, but this is essentially what I did to solve it.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos