Separate files from folders.

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have 300 songs in over 30 folders. I sync them to a flash drive and play them on my car stereo. When I select random in the car, the stereo plays the folders randomly, not the songs. i'ts not able to. I need to sync the song, not the folders. Does that make sense? Is it possible to sync the songs not in folders?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You will have to do it manually.

Plug the USB stick into your computer, erase all the folders or Format the stick.

Then when you move the songs back on go folder by folder and copy over just the songs so they all appear on the root of the drive together.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

smusaf60

Mar 7, 2017
Visit site
When I move the music to the sync list, it lists the songs separate like they're not even in folders but still my stereo only plays folders.
Capture.PNG

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Forget the sync in Media Player.

As I said, manually. I guess I should have specified via File Explorer.

Yeah, Media Player is obsessed with folders. Cut out the middle man. As we all learned early in life: if something is worth doing right, do it yourself.

...when you move the songs back on go folder by folder and copy over just the songs [in file explorer from each folder separately one at a time, then paste to the USB stick] so they all appear on the root of the drive together...

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
PS: before you say 300+ songs in 30+folders is too many to do this manually...

I have over 1200 songs in 171 folders. I've been there, done that trying to re-catalog and restore metadata to my collection after an app I tried once totally borked everything with bad metadata overwrites.

Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faiqarani