Syncing of Outlook/Live contacts on Android?

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Sure, you can use any Microsoft app and link your Outlook or Live contacts to your Android phone as an account. That's pretty clear. But is there any way to get these Outlook contacts, once they're on your phone, to sync back to the outlook account when you make changes or add a new contact? Because I don't see a way unless there's some trick you have to do to make it work.

Thanks!

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Not sure about Android, but for Windows Phone, if you have an Outlook.com account, you can use the People section to link and update contacts between device and email account.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Sure, you can use any Microsoft app and link your Outlook or Live contacts to your Android phone as an account. That's pretty clear. But is there any way to get these Outlook contacts, once they're on your phone, to sync back to the outlook account when you make changes or add a new contact? Because I don't see a way unless there's some trick you have to do to make it work.

Thanks!
In this case, you would have to add your Outlook account as an Exchange account. That's really the only way to attempt this. Follow these steps on how to add your account as an Exchange account.

Personally, I have had the best success with using an excellent app called Nine. It's a paid app but there's a 2 week trial to see how you like it. I have had no issues with making changes and adding new contacts with this app.

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
In this case, you would have to add your Outlook account as an Exchange account. That's really the only way to attempt this. Follow these steps on how to add your account as an Exchange account.

Personally, I have had the best success with using an excellent app called Nine. It's a paid app but there's a 2 week trial to see how you like it. I have had no issues with making changes and adding new contacts with this app.

Yes, I've had great experience with Nine on Android as well. Seems to be much better than Outlook for Android, though Outlook for iOS has been a stellar experience for me.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I've had great experience with Nine on Android as well. Seems to be much better than Outlook for Android, though Outlook for iOS has been a stellar experience for me.

I have had the same experience as you with both. Nine has changed how I see Android. It kind of sucks that you have to pay to have a similar experience on Android but I guess it is what it is.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Yes. Won't take it. And when I turn off the SSL it takes it but change that server to something completely different with "outlook" in the address.

I'm guessing eas.outlook.com ? Interestingly enough, I have heard that using that as part of a workaround for the recent outage worked on Windows 10 Mobile. Hopefully that would work for you. Give it a try maybe.

Otherwise, your other permanently free option is to export your outlook contacts and then import them into Gmail. For reference, what phone do you have? What version of Android does it have on it? Was the software upgraded recently?

In my many experiences (and current one too), this has generally always worked, just not with one phone, which was a Sony phone on MM (6.0).

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Otherwise, your other permanently free option is to export your outlook contacts and then import them into Gmail. For reference, what phone do you have? What version of Android does it have on it? Was the software upgraded recently?
To be clear, as I said in my original question, this isn't something I want to do to just GET the contacts on the Android phone. That's straight forward. It's the ability to have changes to contacts on the phone be reflected instantly in the live or outlook account on my Win10 PC that I want. Only because I don't use Google. I mean, at all. Not search, not contacts, not calendar, not email. Nothing. I have an Android phone after 4 years on Windows Phones because the apps are more plentiful and software (OS, UI) is more developed. But at home, I am on my Win10 PC, laptop, and tablets and it would be nice to have those calendars and contacts in sync with my Android phone through the Outlook app. Ridiculous that one can't. It's silly, but having to go to Gmail to edit calendar and contact info is annoying when all my other devices tell me calendar things from the Live account. Operating also with Google's world is too much for my brain to organise.

I have a BLU Life One X. It runs 5.1. BLU has been promising an upgrade to MM since spring 2016 which has never come.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
To be clear, as I said in my original question, this isn't something I want to do to just GET the contacts on the Android phone. That's straight forward. It's the ability to have changes to contacts on the phone be reflected instantly in the live or outlook account on my Win10 PC that I want. Only because I don't use Google. I mean, at all. Not search, not contacts, not calendar, not email. Nothing. I have an Android phone after 4 years on Windows Phones because the apps are more plentiful and software (OS, UI) is more developed. But at home, I am on my Win10 PC, laptop, and tablets and it would be nice to have those calendars and contacts in sync with my Android phone through the Outlook app. Ridiculous that one can't. It's silly, but having to go to Gmail to edit calendar and contact info is annoying when all my other devices tell me calendar things from the Live account. Operating also with Google's world is too much for my brain to organise.

I have a BLU Life One X. It runs 5.1. BLU has been promising an upgrade to MM since spring 2016 which has never come.

Ah okay. I see. I understand. Outlook doesn't connect with the phone calendar.

I would suggest trying out the app called Nine, it would do all of this with no problem. You get a free trial for 2 weeks. I use Nine personally and I don't have issues ever. I add and edit events and contacts all the time and it syncs like a charm. It connects with your phone calendar and contacts without Google.

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I use Nine personally and I don't have issues ever. I add and edit events and contacts all the time and it syncs like a charm. It connects with your phone calendar and contacts without Google.
I doubt I'll do that. I can't justify paying 10 dollars for an app. I'm not someone who thinks they should all be free, nor am I saying it's not worth it if it solves my problem, I just don't think it's a reasonable price.
But thanks!

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Can someone tell me what one has to do to get full sync of contacts with nine on an Android phone with the Android contacts app? I can get my Live account on there as an exchange account but none of my sync tests work with the people app and my Live account contacts on Windows 10.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Can someone tell me what one has to do to get full sync of contacts with nine on an Android phone with the Android contacts app? I can get my Live account on there as an exchange account but none of my sync tests work with the people app and my Live account contacts on Windows 10.

You shouldn't have to do anything but log in but make sure you choose your kind of account correctly. I didn't have to change any info that was already preloaded by Nine. Then it asks you what you want to sync.

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
You shouldn't have to do anything but log in but make sure you choose your kind of account correctly. I didn't have to change any info that was already preloaded by Nine. Then it asks you what you want to sync.
Thanks for the reply. Is there a way to know how often or when my PC is going to sync with my phone though? I just noticed that those changes did go through but it took days. It would be good to know exactly when that's gonna happen. I know that my computer pretty much syncs 'People' right away on the PC but something is impeding that sync from happening. Where do I check for sync frequency between Nine and my Live account?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Is there a way to know how often or when my PC is going to sync with my phone though? I just noticed that those changes did go through but it took days. It would be good to know exactly when that's gonna happen. I know that my computer pretty much syncs 'People' right away on the PC but something is impeding that sync from happening. Where do I check for sync frequency between Nine and my Live account?
For Nine, you can set how often and even what times of day you want it to sync. In the app, go to Settings, tap the accounts and then set when you want it to sync. It ranges from automatic to every 4 hours. Automatic should be no problem but that might be a battery drain.

You're welcome, I hope that helps if I am understanding you correctly.

N1cks

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Samsung have their own Contacts and messaging app? Can you two way sync your contacts with the Samsung apps?

From what I've read, it seems it's much easier to sync contacts on iOS.

AdamLK

Aug 16, 2017
Visit site
Sometimes the Outlook data, especially contacts and calendar entries really don't sync correctly. It all depends on the way you used for syncing process. You need an app or software which provides two-way sync process, in that case, your contacts will be automatically added or deleted both on you Phone and on your Outlook on PC. Here is an article which explains everything more deeply Best Ways to Sync Android with Microsoft Outlook | AkrutoSync

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs