Audacity Windows problem

Rikku Watro

Jan 2, 2017
Visit site
Sometimes, when I record on Audacity, a bad glitch happens. Clicking on any button in Audacity (including the exit button) just causes the system sounds to play without doing anything else. Trying to close the window by right clicking the icon doesn't close Audacity either, and I have to restart my Windows laptop to fix this every time.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Audacity Windows problam

Hi Rikku,

It sounds to me like there is an issue with your audio device. Have you checked your audio card drivers to see if they are up to date?

Further information may help others who may have more experience with the issue. What is the brand and model of laptop? Is it running Windows 10? Are you recording using the built in audio jack in the laptop or are you using a USB audio interface? If so, which one? The more details you can bring to the table, the better the chance of someone being able to help you out.

Rikku Watro

Jan 2, 2017
Visit site
The system sounds problem has been happening much less often (if at all) without battery saver. Battery saver seems to be making Audacity glitchy, so I turn it off when I'm recording. But now, Audacity suddenly became muted (Audacity doesn't play sound but the computer's speakers are still working and does play sounds everywhere else)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raymowen