extend laptop screen (windows 10) to other laptop screen (windows 10)?

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
Hi there,

I would like to use a 2nd windows 10 laptop as extra monitor for my main windows 10 laptop. So as if it would be an external monitor that I plug into my main laptop to extend the laptop screen. Anyone knows any software that can do this?

What I personally found:
I currently use MouseWithoutBorders which atleast somewhat helps. I found Spacedesk ( https://www.spacedesk.net/ ) too but I am not sure if its safe (since you need to download their drivers too) and I heard its somewhat buggy.

Thanks!

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Maybe approach it from a different angle.

Get a streaming stick (I love my ScreenBeam Mini 2 Continuum Edition) and plug that into the spare laptop. Then on the main unit go to:

Notifications and Actions > Project > Extend and then click the "Connect to a wireless display" link.

With a streaming stick you will have a worthwhile tool that I'm sure will meet this need and also other use scenarios.

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
Maybe approach it from a different angle.

Get a streaming stick (I love my ScreenBeam Mini 2 Continuum Edition) and plug that into the spare laptop. Then on the main unit go to:

Notifications and Actions > Project > Extend and then click the "Connect to a wireless display" link.

With a streaming stick you will have a worthwhile tool that I'm sure will meet this need and also other use scenarios.
, didn't even realised that existed, thanks I will look into that! :)

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
RumoredNow, do you know if its possible to use windows 10 Project/Extend without using bluetooth on 1 device (/since its broke on my laptop)? (perhaps a network cable between the 2 win10 devices or preferable solely using wifi? Or perhaps does the streaming stick also bypass the need to use bluetooth?)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes