How to reset my PC from safe mode without losing my files?

vividlyweird

Jan 12, 2018
Visit site
I'm using Windows 10 on my laptop. Few days ago, I found a process in task manager (I forgot the name) which seemed suspicious. So I searched the internet for it and found out that it is a cryptocurrency mining app so I looked for up how to remove it. I downloaded Malwarebytes first it cleared some stuff. Then I downloaded HitmanPro after which all the problem started, I guess. It scanned my pc for a while without showing any result. After a minute it showed some files that were scanned and all of them were Firefox Browser's cache. But at the exact same time Windows Defender started showing virus detected notification. I panicked and stopped the HitmanPro scan and restarted my pc to remove stuff from Malwarebytes scan and this scan. After this restart, everytime I start my laptop, it shows the error "Your PC will automatically restart in one minute". Tried a lot pf fixes from the internet but to no avail. The final option I think I have is to reset my pc. But here's the problem. My laptop is only starting in safe mode due to "Your PC will automatically restart in one minute" error. I can't select the option of 'Keep my files and reset pc' from settings cause it isn't working in safe mode. I started the System recovery by F11 option while starting the pc and there's a reset option too. Please tell me will I get to keep my files if I reset my pc from there?

Also the salesperson already created a Recovery drive on the hard disk itself. I also have the Recovery CD with me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss