Blackberry Messenger goes Cross-Platform!

Joshua Jacksonomfg

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
So, It has been announced today that the famous and once exclusive Blackberry Messenger (BBM) is going Cross-Platform for Blackberry, IOS and Android this summer, Now in my opinion this is one amazing move on Blackberrys part, it gains them recognition, it allows them to give their famous service to millions more users, it may put alot of potential buyers off of buying a new Blackberry device as alot buy only for the service.

On point, no BBM for windows phone :(, even if it was released it would probably only be a Windows Phone 8 release and not Windows Phone 7, This will be a huge gain for windows phone if it did, and if Blackberry though of doing this, should they release a Windows Phone 7 and 8 version to grab more people?

Share your thoughts, have a discussion, maybe grab microsofts attention, make them pay Blackberry ;)

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
time to ditch blackberries.

That's actually one of the main selling points to my customers. They could never leave BB because of BBM and would always choose BB over other phones because of it.

The ship is always at the bottom of the ocean floor /whistle

Rem97

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I can see the sales of blackberry devices decreasing drastically because bbm is their main selling point and now that android and ios users can access bbm why would you buy a blackberry z10 when you could get an iphone, galaxy s4, htc one etc. Which all have better hardware and soon will have blackberry's best feature

Ayush_WP

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I can see the sales of blackberry devices decreasing drastically because bbm is their main selling point and now that android and ios users can access bbm why would you buy a blackberry z10 when you could get an iphone, galaxy s4, htc one etc. Which all have better hardware and soon will have blackberry's best feature
I can also see sales of wp8 declining coz it wont have BBM. this is instagram 2.0 not trying to troll instagram here. Just a point.

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
The reason why WP won't get BBM is because Blackberry and Microsoft are fighting for 3rd ecosystem. And the reason why Skype is on blackberry is because Skype is a cash cow with many users actually paying for calling credits.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon