Choosing what calendar Cortana adds Appointments & Reminders to - SOLVED!

MadSci2

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I was deeply vexed by Cortland insisting on adding my Meetings/Appointments/Reminders only to my "Hotmail" (really?) Outlook calendar and not to my Exchange Calendar. After searching around I found many threads complaining about this, and eventually I found two threads that gave different versions of the same fix. I thought I'd pull these together under a Thread that would show up well in case anyone else was searching for a solution as well.

To be clear, I take NO CREDIT for figuring this out. That belongs to the two members named below.

Fundamentally, Cortanta just needs to be told which account you want to use. Once that is chosen, she will add all your events to that Calendar until you choose another one, which will then become the default. Here are two ways to do this:

1). From WPCentral Forum Member amgrey86:

"I also have an exchange account set up for appointments and all you need to do to use Cortana is tap the account after you tell her what the meeting is. It will bring up a menu of all your accounts, just choose which one you want the appointment under. Works great!"

Second Method:

2). From WPCentral Forum Member Shawn Lukaschuk:

"Add an appointment on the phone (non-Cortana method). Change the calendar to the one you want in the appointment (its a drop down in the MORE DETAILS section). SAVE the appointment.

Now the correct calendar is the default for new entries AND CORTANA!"

I have tried both and both work. The first doesn't require you to use anything but Cortanta, and also teaches you how to change the default Calendar "on the fly" if needed, so I like it a bit better but both are fully functional!

Thanks to both amgrey86 & Shawn Lukaschuk for working these out and sharing them. I hop the Mode will add these to the hints and tricks for Cortana!

MadSci2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)