Disable text messaging through Cortana on one of of 2 phones?

humanhowever

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Disable text messaging through Cortana on of of 2 phones

Hi All.

Hope you're well.

I have 2 phones, my lovely Lumia 1020 and a new android I have purchased. On both I have Cortana installed and signed in with the same Microsoft account. I tend to send a lot of quick texts through my Windows 10 PC Cortana on the taskbar. Both my phone have dfferent sims, and it seems the text is sent from both numbers. Is there any way to disable one of the those phones? I wish to disable the texts being sent from the Lumia 1020.

Thanks,

HH.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Disable text messaging through Cortana on of of 2 phones

I believe if you open the Messaging settings on the 1020, there may be an option you would want to turn off.

humanhowever

May 26, 2014
Visit site

I believe if you open the Messaging settings on the 1020, there may be an option you would want to turn off.

Hi, thanks for your reply. Unfortunately there is no such setting. I've tried everything. I may just have to either remove the sim on the Lumia or disconnect my account.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

Hi, thanks for your reply. Unfortunately there is no such setting. I've tried everything. I may just have to either remove the sim on the Lumia or disconnect my account.

I've not used Cortana but can you instruct it to send from a particular SIM only? like saying "send from line 1"

humanhowever

May 26, 2014
Visit site

I've not used Cortana but can you instruct it to send from a particular SIM only? like saying "send from line 1"

That's what I'm wondering. If there is an option somewhere which allows you to set your preferred sim, and thus the phone from which text messages are sent. Unfortunately I have not yet been able to find a way.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Wait a minute! The sending texts from PC is supposed to be available only on Windows Phones with the Redstone update, which the 1020 isn't supposed to have, whats up with that? Did you do some trickery to get it? (If so, I pulled up my 640's Messaging Everywhere settings and the toggle "send texts on all my Windows devices" might be the ticket.)

If not, I don't know how the 1020 is even sending messages. Maybe turning off Cortana.

humanhowever

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Wait a minute! The sending texts from PC is supposed to be available only on Windows Phones with the Redstone update, which the 1020 isn't supposed to have, whats up with that? Did you do some trickery to get it? (If so, I pulled up my 640's Messaging Everywhere settings and the toggle "send texts on all my Windows devices" might be the ticket.)

If not, I don't know how the 1020 is even sending messages. Maybe turning off Cortana.

When I refer to texting from PC, I do not mean through the Messaging app but through Cortana on the taskbar. Yes, you are right, but Windows 10 was available for most phones through the insider preview up until a certain point where Microsoft deemed the experience not acceptable and thus stopped it.

Good Idea! I haven't tried disabling Cortana and seeing whether that works. Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon