Would office still be there if I fresh install?

Ryzzlle

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
Got this baby on ebay, I'm loving it so far, but I noticed it only came with 8GB right off the bat and that I only have around 3.55GB to work with. Now I'm considering to do a fresh install so that I can start from scratch and get a lot more space to work with.. Thing is, I don't know if Office will still be there if I fresh install, and whenever I go to the My account page in Office on the webpage, it says I don't have it so I can't reinstall Office from there. I activated Office using the code that came with the tablet. I asked on the Microsoft community forum, but only got 1 vague reply, so I'm trying my look on the good ol' WP forums :D
EDIT- nice guy at MS support said I could, as long as I use the same code.

Last edited:

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried contacting MS support directly?

If you have windows 8 you can move the apps to sd card, sadly you need to do a reg hack or use a junction for it work in windows 8.1 and above. I haven't tried the latter, as I don't have a RT tablet or x86 tablet running W8 myself.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If you use the normal restore/reset partition, then yes, Office will be there. You'll have to put in your code though.

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Microsoft actually has the license linked to your Microsoft account... So when I had to do my restart this week, I had to click the Office icon, at which point it asked me what I wanted to do. I told it to download my Office 2013 license #1 and I had no issues at all.

One of the better things that MS has done this week!

JeffLeites

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
I agree with waazzupppp. I had to do a Refresh, and I lost a few programs including Office. I just had to reenter the activation code to get it back.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goergtalk