Black screen - what goes on?

perbear

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded yesterday to 10586.63 on my Dell Venue 8 Pro. And I did not encountered any problems. So I let it be for the night on charging. This morning the screen was black and the only thing I can do is shut it down. But it does not really shut down (the usual way by sliding downwards) because when you press the on off button the same message comes again. Power button plus volume down do not give a different result. Is it in an upgrade mode and I don't see it or is it something else? A Bug? Do others have the same problem?:unhappy:

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I upgraded yesterday to 10586.63 on my Dell Venue 8 Pro. And I did not encountered any problems. So I let it be for the night on charging. This morning the screen was black and the only thing I can do is shut it down. But it does not really shut down (the usual way by sliding downwards) because when you press the on off button the same message comes again. Power button plus volume down do not give a different result. Is it in an upgrade mode and I don't see it or is it something else? A Bug? Do others have the same problem?:unhappy:

I have seen this a couple of times as well. Just hold the power button for 30 seconds or so to force the unit to turn off. The hold it again for a few seconds to turn the unit back on. It should boot up just fine. Not sure what the cause is. Also, make sure to get all the newer drivers from the Dell web site.

Heaven Fine

May 12, 2016
Visit site
See mine is doing the same thing and I have tried a couple times to turn it off then on I even waited awhile when I did so but It's staying on a black screen I cant even tell when it comes on or not. It looks like the brightness was completely turned off but the screen doesn't get that dark??:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon