H2 PhotoEdit FR - Full Resolution photo editing app - Beta closed

H2Bytes

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I'm working on a photo editing app that can save photos in its original resolution after editing. The app should be able to run on both WP7 and WP8.
(almost every existing photo app - especially on WP7 - saves photos in a strongly reduced format, typically ~1MP)

The first beta version should be available within two weeks from now. I will run the beta as a beta app in the Marketplace.
I'm currently finishing the last features for this first release and performing lots of testing.
So I'm looking for beta testers to give this app a spin once it is available.

I will post full details of the app and send out the app link to everyone who subscribed for beta testing once the app has been submitted.

If you already have any questions, just ask.

Thanks to everyone who wants to test this app!

Update: this beta is closed. The app has been released to the Windows Phone Store

Last edited:

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: Full Resolution photo editing app - looking for beta testers

It doesn't crop into shapes by chance does it? Someone was looking for an app that did that and couldn't find any. Figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

H2Bytes

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Full Resolution photo editing app - looking for beta testers

It doesn't crop into shapes by chance does it? Someone was looking for an app that did that and couldn't find any. Figured it couldn't hurt to ask.
This first version does not crop images into shapes no. In later versions I will add more options based on user feedback.
I will add it on my 'maybe' list...

H2Bytes

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: H2 PhotoEdit FR - Full Resolution photo editing app - looking for beta testers

I'm glad to announce that the first beta version of the app "H2 Photo Edit FR" has been published to the Windows Phone Store.

Information about the app
H2 PhotoEdit FR is a full resolution photo editing app for Windows Phone 7 & 8

• Edit and save your photos in the original resolution (Smaller resolutions are also supported)
  • Rotate and flip your photo
  • Apply different filters to your photo
  • Multiple filters can be applied to a photo before saving

More filers, effects end editing options will be added in future releases.

Last edited:

lce123

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: H2 PhotoEdit FR - Full Resolution photo editing app - looking for beta testers

Looks good so far, haven't found any bugs or anything that doesn't work.

I understand its a beta so your trying to see if it works and that, however it is lacking design, a panorama app would have been nice or something similar.

I would like a restore button so I don't have to search for the image if I want to revert the changes or go back a step.

Is there anyway to make the colorize filters only apply to colors as when that filter is apply to a picture that has a lot of black it looks strange, if you know what I mean :smile:

H2Bytes

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site

Thank you for this feedback.
Looks good so far, haven't found any bugs or anything that doesn't work.

I understand its a beta so your trying to see if it works and that, however it is lacking design, a panorama app would have been nice or something similar.
About the design: the goal was to have a minimalistic, easy to use interface. Hence the single page design. I'm not sure how you envision the panaroma style for this app: span the image over multiple pages? Something else?

I would like a restore button so I don't have to search for the image if I want to revert the changes or go back a step.
You can always cancel the current step by clicking 'Cancel' at the bottom of the screen. But once applied, changes cannot be reverted.
True undo capabilities would require quite a lot of memory and is not really feasible given the memory restrictions for an app on Windows Phone.
A Restore/Restart button might be possible. I'll look into that.

Is there anyway to make the colorize filters only apply to colors as when that filter is apply to a picture that has a lot of black it looks strange, if you know what I mean :smile:
Thank you for the suggestion. More filters will be added in later releases.

DBDev

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site

Hi! When I try to edit a photo in full resolution with the resolution 2500 x 1667 it will open, but when I try to add a filter or transform it I get the error:

Error
A problem occurred: Failed to load the filter Greyscale (or whatever filter I try to use).
Click OK to send this message to the developer so the problem can be fixed.
Click Cancel to close this message.

IndexOutOfRangeException

H2Bytes

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site

Hi! When I try to edit a photo in full resolution with the resolution 2500 x 1667 it will open, but when I try to add a filter or transform it I get the error:
Hi. Thank you for testing and reporting this issue.
I can reproduce the issue and have identified the cause (difference between reported resolution by WP and the actual size of the photo). This seems to happen for some specific resolutions.
It will be fixed in the next beta release.

Regards

Sagar187

May 14, 2013
Visit site

Great app. I used this app several times, since yesterday. Overall the app is good. I think you should improve the following:
1) The app's icon doesn't look very good with the big "FR" written just below the logo.
2)You could bring the toolbar below the picture instead of above.
3) You could could change the icons (specially the icons in filters) and make them a little smaller.
4) You could also increase the number of filters.
The app worked really well so far and I really like the options to choose the resolution of edited image and its quality.

H2Bytes

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site

Great app. I used this app several times, since yesterday. Overall the app is good. I think you should improve the following:
1) The app's icon doesn't look very good with the big "FR" written just below the logo.
2)You could bring the toolbar below the picture instead of above.
3) You could could change the icons (specially the icons in filters) and make them a little smaller.
4) You could also increase the number of filters.
The app worked really well so far and I really like the options to choose the resolution of edited image and its quality.
Thank you very much for these suggestions.
Based on feedback from all beta testers, I'll decide which suggestions will be implemented in the final version.

More filters will be added during the beta phase and in future releases.

H2Bytes

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site

A new beta version has been released. This update fixes some bugs and adds some more features.

Beta testers, check your email for full details about this update.

Last edited:

H2Bytes

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site

The beta phase for H2 PhotoEdit FR has been closed.
The final app has been submitted to the Windows Phone Store and is waiting for approval.
It should be available in a couple of days.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon