How do I create and transfer apps to my WP without having to be a paid App Hub member

Markyyy

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I'm trying to find a way in which I can write apps and use them on my own device without having to pay for an App Hub membership. I know that there's a student offer where the membership is free, but I'm not a student... Is there another way???

All I wanna do is code some apps and try them out on my windows phone. I'm a complete beginner so I have no near-future ambitions for publishing an app to the marketplace, I just want to practice and be able to use the apps I create on my device.

Any help, guys? Thanks :)

CommonBlob

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
It used to be possible with chevron unlock, but that finished. As far as I am aware its not possible anymore, unless you have a hacked firmware :(

Stiv

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
If you get in contact with your region's windows phone evangelist, they might be able to hook you up with a free app hub subscription. In Australia I believe that guy is Dave Glover (@dglover) but I have no idea about the UK.

If you happen to know someone who already has a membership they could possibly unlock your phone for you (assuming it doesn't breach any membership terms or conditions). I'm pretty sure each membership allows you to unlock up to 3 phones but they would need to physically connect your phone to a PC to unlock it.

eLseStudio

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I did this once for my friend who wanted the exact same thing you do now. I use my AppHub account to unlock his phone. But it need the me to be physically present with the phone and PC, as I don't feel comfortable to pass on my password. I have no idea about the number of device one account can unlock though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon