Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

8 Posts

I am developing a windows phone app for which I required integration with facebook and twitter.
    Requirement is - If user logs-in into facebook or twitter apps in the device, we must use the same login tokens and should proceed with our app. We should not prompt for username and password again.

I cannot use any facebook or twitter api's for login. I should use the same token from which user logged in into facebook or twitter app installed in the device.

Please help.

58 Posts
    I think it depends on what you want to do with Facebook and Twitter.

You can easily share links or status messages using the Microsoft.Phone.Tasks.ShareLinkTask/ShareStatusTask classes. Those will integrate with the existing configured accounts. If you want to do more than that (reading status updates, for example), I suspect you'll have no option but to interrogate the appropriate API directly, and you'll need to prompt the user to authenticate in this case. I could be wrong, but I'm not aware of any way to read the user's authentication token details from the device.
    >> My new book, "Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 Game Development" is available now, published by Apress.
    >> Find out more at http://www.adamdawes.com/books/w8wp8gamedev.html