| | 02-25-2013, 03:16 AM #1
To the developers in the community,
I am an avid podcast listener -- not just for pleasure and entertainment, but also for legitimate research. I have been looking for a truly useful podcast player for WP8, but haven't found one that comes close yet. So, I would like to submit the following requirements hoping that someone will develop a truly kick-*** podcast player. Here goes...
1. The podcast player shall provide a way to save particular podcast episodes so they will not be automatically deleted. The auto-delete should continue to work on all non-saved podcast episodes.
2. The player shall allow the user to set bookmarks (flags) at any point throughout the podcast episode. The player should allow at least 10 flags per episode. These flags will always be remembered and can be used to find particular points in the episode later.
3. The player shall allow the user to create notes or comments that will be stored with the saved podcast.
4. The player shall allow the user to assign a personal review rating (1 to 5 stars). This will allow the user to find really important saved podcasts from a long list of saved podcasts.
5. The player shall allow the entire title of the podcast to be viewed in the podcast table of contents. Scrolling or word-wrap would be sufficient.
6. The player shall allow the user to search for podcasts in the store and download them. The search results shall allow the viewer to see the entire title of the podcasts. Scrolling or word-wrap would be sufficient.
7. The player shall allow the user to jump forward or backward in a podcast by 15 or 30 second increments.
8. The player shall allow the user to create folders and save podcasts into those folders.
That's it for now. I do hope someone uses this list to develop a truly useful player!!!