Why is my MS Edge so slow or crashes

anon(10033307)

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
I reinstalled my MS Edge yesterday and it was working fine but today is a whole other day of slow response and crashes.
is it because I also have Google Chrome ?
I am at my wits end to try to find a solution. Can I just uninstall this MS Edge and use only Chrome ? or is this going to cause a conflic with all the Windows 10 updates ?

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I reinstalled my MS Edge yesterday and it was working fine but today is a whole other day of slow response and crashes.
is it because I also have Google Chrome ?
I am at my wits end to try to find a solution. Can I just uninstall this MS Edge and use only Chrome ? or is this going to cause a conflic with all the Windows 10 updates ?

I use both Edge and Chrome on my fairly old laptop. They don't seem to bother each other. I don't think you can "uninstall" Edge on a Windows machine.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
If the problem is really bad and you have the time, you may consider resetting your PC. Assuming you're not talking about a mobile device.
In Windows 10...settings>update and security>recovery>reset this PC >keep my files option. Kind of time consuming but might be worth it.

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Look for a post buried in the threads here by Jazmac. It reads something like edge is behaving even with windows central .... here is why
I hope this helps with edge issues.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos