Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    I know alot of people have been talking about instagram coming to WP8, so I thought we as a community could just tweet the **** outta them. What do you think?

Short answer? No.

(Nothing against instagram, just that last I heard, it is NOT coming to WP, so this is a waste of time).
    Sharmin69 likes this.

Global Posts
    1,660 Global Posts
    I've been tweeting the following almost every day for the last week or so:

@instagram @instagramapp @instagramhelp PLEASE make a @windowsphone app. Or allow posting pics from 3rd party apps. PLEASE.
    Hiiiiiiiii and Undersky like this.

I would love to see it come to WP. I don't use it to upload photos so much but I do absolutely LOVE to follow certain folks who produce some beautiful photos. Not to mention following the SF Giants and SF 49'ers has been a freaking awesome experience getting truly behind the scenes photos. ESP when the Giants won the World Series. It's not just for photos of feet or food.
    Thanked by:
    eshy 

Global Posts
    1,444 Global Posts
    How bout just do an old fashion petition because you know, those ALWAYS works.
    brmiller1976 likes this.

Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dkp23 View Post
    How bout just do an old fashion petition because you know, those ALWAYS works.
    sometimes they do.
    Why do so many people dislike the idea of Instagram coming to WP8? Think of how it can help the platform gain adoption. Everyone I know that uses Instagram uses it for the social aspect. It's just like Facebook or Twitter in that regard, to them. They could care less about what phone it's on but not having it on WP makes them not want to consider WP. Who cares what your personal opinions of Instagram are, the fact of the matter is that it would be great for the WP ecosystem. No one can argue this. Especially with the capabilities that the "Lenses" feature could provide to Instagram. Plainly said, WP could definitely use Instagram to help it gain adoption and grow the ecosystem. No arguing this.

So yes, I agree, let's do what we can to get it on WP!

I would love this...

"Hey I really hope WP8 gets more apps that tons of people use!"

Some basement dweller: "No!"

Come on guys. I don't use pintrest or whatsapp or Pandora, but I'd be damned if I said windows phone shouldn't have it. (this is an inb4 basically)

Instagram would make my shiny new phone perfect

Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Nobody said they don't want apps to come to windows phone.

If its that important to you guys you're on the wrong platform. A new "y no instagram?" thread gets posted here every couple days. It isn't being developed and it most likely wont for some time, if ever.

We need a forum bot that responds to all threads with the word instagram in the title with a phrase such as, "Not enough hipsters on wp...beep boop... Try iphone... Beep boop..."

Global Posts
    1,660 Global Posts
    @kevin is also a good one to tweet, says he's the CEO of jnstagram.

And like others said, we should be raising h*ll to get every popular iOS/Android app on WP8.
    Sent from my RM-824_nam_att_101 using Board Express

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    You all need to remember it took forever to get it on Android it was just on iOS for the longest time. So give it time.
    Banned

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schartzr View Post
    You all need to remember it took forever to get it on Android it was just on iOS for the longest time. So give it time.
    well by that logic you guys need to give it a LOT of time

Considering the fact that Facebook purchased Instagram, and Facebook has yet to make their own Windows Phone application, I'm gonna go ahead and say this is really unlikely...

Blame Mark Zuckerberg.

Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BotanicalStig View Post
    Nobody said they don't want apps to come to windows phone.

If its that important to you guys you're on the wrong platform. A new "y no instagram?" thread gets posted here every couple days. It isn't being developed and it most likely wont for some time, if ever.

We need a forum bot that responds to all threads with the word instagram in the title with a phrase such as, "Not enough hipsters on wp...beep boop... Try iphone... Beep boop..."

Why is it always some jerk-off on forums that just bash for the sake of bashing. If you don't like instagram or whatever then keep on ****ing pushing. I clearly stated that I know there are several I want IG threads. This is a petition of sorts for those in the WP community to come together to possibly get the app on this platform. If you don't wanna be apart of it then don't.
    Thanked by:
    1jaxstate1, 11B1P and London Jr like this.

Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I want instagram on WP. Not because I use the app, because I don't but it can potentially bring more users. Isn't that what we want? Plus it gives up more options in our app store. Having the top branded apps is always a good thing. Even if those apps are considered stupid or fit for only hipsters or wannabes
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Clement View Post
    Why do so many people dislike the idea of Instagram coming to WP8?
    31092045.jpg

That's why :P
    Thanked by:

Windows Phone needs all the popular apps (Especially Instagram) for it to survive. If your phone doesn't have today's popular app, then that is a deal breaker for some. I don't get why after 3 years in the market Microsoft still struggles to get apps that IOS and Android phones had months ago.

Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stryfeno1 View Post
    Windows Phone needs all the popular apps (Especially Instagram) for it to survive. If your phone doesn't have today's popular app, then that is a deal breaker for some. I don't get why after 3 years in the market Microsoft still struggles to get apps that IOS and Android phones had months ago.
    EExactly! This isn't just about IG. Its about WP growing. I personally don't want to go back to iOS or Android, but that's what's going to happen if the apps available on WP don't expand b/c the OS will be abandoned.
    London Jr and jlzimmerman like this.

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stryfeno1 View Post
    3 years? 2010-2012. Might wanna run that math again. But, point taken and agreed upon. I'm not an Instagram or Facebook user (I do use Twitter), so I couldn't really care if those apps are on the platform or not for my personal use. But, from a wanting to to see the platform grow and a dreading going to Android or iOS standpoint, I'm all in.

But, as others have stated... if Instagram didn't even want to bring its app to the top-selling mobile OS in the world, why would they bring it to what is currently a distant third? Hopefully, they reconsider at some point. But, my take on it is that WP will rise and with it original apps that are unique to it like Wordament. We'll see that more and more then the conversation turns... until the sun went down.
    Thanked by:
    Stryfeno1, WinFan1 and London Jr like this.

Instagram would help WP8 that's for sure. And just because it comes to WP8 does not mean you have to use it, if you don't like it, don't use it. The point is, if it's on WP8, people have that option to switch to WP8. Like it or not, for some people it's important, I tried selling WP8 to 3 people I know who were looking for a new smartphone and the first thing they asked me was does it have Instagram, and when I told them no they decided to get an S3 cuz it's cheaper than the iPhone. Now, the Lumia 920 is cheaper here than both of those, if only it had Instagram.

WP8 getting Instagram would be a watershed moment in apps for us.
    Thanked by:
    aubreyq, London Jr and jlzimmerman like this.

Global Posts
    1,660 Global Posts
    Yeah, that ^^^.

Oops double post. Next one.
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast