Instagram on Windows Phone

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I can explain that to so many people I know of but they will be like "it isn't Instagram" and will then proceed to pull out a knife and stab me a few million times.

Absolutely, though i think it can serve as a option for those who already own WP8 device. Maybe wishful thinking but as Molome has some popularity over at Asia it would serve Instagram to make app for WP than let competitor run free.

I got a say this whole Instagram situation has become quite funny. It's like this one app to rule them all situation going on. :D

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
As mentioned on the front page of WP Central, Molome is coming soon to WP8. Molome is an Instagram clone with badges that has an already existing, large user base from Symbian, MeeGo, and older BlackBerries. They also have an iOS and Android app.

The founder of Molome has posted pics of the app on his Molome feed. The reason I post this here, is that he's also posted pics hinting of some level of Instagram integration:
I said that MOLOME is Instagram's friend and I meant it ! ;) | MOLOME™

So, if Molome comes to WP8 and has that integration, we may not need an actual bona-fide Instagram app.

I guess it could be a solution if there is possible way to upload pics through Molome onto Instagram. But would you be able to view your friends and other feeds as well? Would we have to use two separate apps (Molome and Instacam for example) to do what one should be doing?

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I guess it could be a solution if there is possible way to upload pics through Molome onto Instagram. But would you be able to view your friends and other feeds as well? Would we have to use two separate apps (Molome and Instacam for example) to do what one should be doing?

That's kinda what I was assuming, that the integration the Molome guy hints at will allow posting to Instagram. I imagine we'd still need to use two apps, just like how Lomogram posts to Facebook, but you'd have to go to Facebook to see the actual post. But with Instagram having put your profile and feed on the web, now, I don't think you'd need a different app. Just hit it up in IE.

Diego Gonzalez

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
As a ex I phone fan I had each and every I phone that apple has provided, with that said I also became bored with the same operating system and wanted something where I can personalize and customize more. The windows 8x was a perfect candidate. The sleek design close to perfect picture and screen clarity was some of the things that won me over. Now that I am a owner of a blue 8x with att I am sad to say that the lack of the main apps is turning me off im a huge social media junkie and the fact that I can't get instagram nearly gave me a heart attack since I am now in a two year contract with att I guess that's what I get for not doing my hw on the device I got. If windows doesn't step up its game im going to have to pull my I phone 5 out of my junk tech drawer and activate it again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SlimPulseWeightLoss