WSJ App - Windows 8.1

kcaneiro

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I have been having trouble with the stand-alone WSJ App for Windows 8.1 and the embedded version listed as a source in the Bing News App. I tried contacting the WSJ - and they were unable to provide any real answers. I subscribe to the paper - but it doesn't matter - the people that I chatted with yesterday had no real answers and they promised to pass along my information to the developers.

Basically, the app has stopped refreshing the news about 8 days ago. The live tile seems to be updating correctly - but nothing on the news. I tried logging in and out - removing the app and adding it again - going to use different machines here in my house and at work - including machines that my friends have. NONE of them have been updated in the last few days. I checked the Windows App Store - other people have started to complain in the last week (sort the reviews by date).

You would think that the WSJ would have someone actually using the application and that they would notice the problem. Can anyone confirm this information by going to their WSJ app or Bing News - sources WSJ - and refreshing the news. How recent is your news?

ebeast

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same issue. Frustrated by this version as well as the iPad version. Love wsj, but their native apps suck. :eck:

kcaneiro

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
It's crazy because when I talked to the people at WSJ - no one seemed to care. They were just working from the script.
I'm thinking that it is something with the cache where the WSJ keeps stories - because the live tile is updating. I wish there was a way to clear out the cash and have it download everything again. When you remove the app - it does not do that - and you would think that it should. It leaves behind the data in a way that if you reinstall the app - the same old and stale news is sitting there.

wackykhaki

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Ditto here. Same issue I have been wrestling with for almost a week. I also contacted WSJ support and they have sent me 2 emails so far referring it down into the tech dungeon but have not admitted yet there is any kind of a systems problem. Jeez, these people would be so much better off if they just admitted they had an issue and said they were working on it instead of playing dumb and pretending like it was your problem. Really frustrating.
:angry:

kcaneiro

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to call over to the business offices of the WSJ tomorrow. Its shameful that they are so clueless about their own product. I pay for home delivery but never read the paper version.

So frustrated with their lack of response.

K

shaz1974

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
Hello,
I am having the same issue with WSJ app not refreshing on surface Pro3 ... Can you please share what did you do to fix it?
Thanks,
Shaz

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon