Dell venue 8 pro screen issue

Mahmoodinho Ahmed

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
For the past 3 days I have been having this issue on DV8P screen where it seems like there is some sort of a dead zone in the screen . When I have the touch keyboard on I can't type the letters e,d,x or the emoji . This has also translated from keyboard to all the windows UI , I can't touch that area with that dead zone. I tried everything from reinstalling the drivers, wiping the system clean, and scanning with seven different antivirus. I have bought it from eBay and I dont think it still has any form of warranty and since am in Sudan there is no way of fixing it or doing anything with it. Can someone help me ?

webkrawler

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Best test is to bring up something like MSPaint and draw on the screen and draw in the suspected
dead area. Is it really dead? (refuses to draw).

If so it is highly, highly unlikely it's a Windows problem (driver, etc). You can always do a system restore
to factory specs.

Most likely though its going to be a hardware failure. If you do not have any type of warranty of insurance
then it would be cheaper to replace it. Call Dell, though and give them your service tag. If there is a warranty
Dell will honor it even though you aren't the original owner as long as it's not flagged as stolen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeroyNoodle