Bought used Lumia - possibly one red moisture sticker

grooveneazy

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Does the Lumia 640 XL LTE DS actually have one water damage indicator sticker below the battery, right after you take off the removable back cover? I bought a second hand phone and had a red sticker there. I thought it was just some leftover piece of paper there and peeled it off - no sign now there ever was one. It only now came to my mind that this might've been a moisture indicator sticker - but so easily accessible? I viewed the disassembly videos and there seems to be another one on the logic board, see the uploaded photo on a link below:
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb478/an0nyymi/nimetoumln_zps4ykqwjqe.jpg

My questions are, if that really was what I suspect here, in case of a need to bring the phone in on a warranty service can/will they deny my right to RMA by basis of the missing sticker, assuming the other one on the logic board is completely intact and white? The phone is fully working in a perfect cosmetic condition, showing no signs of exposure to water what so ever on visible inspection. Would you advise me to open the back casing or refrain from doing so, to inspect the condition of the second moisture indicator? Even if I'd do it carefully with no apparent damage by layman terms could I risk the warranty of the phone? Opening the back casing seems very straightforward, with just a couple of torxs to unscrew:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoZ-twsOGUg

Now that I think of it, I actually swiped the entire outer surface of the phone, including the backside of the phone without the cover, with a microfibre towel soaked under a warm running tap and carefully squeezed of any excessive water, right after I received the device. It is most likely the sticker turned red here, if it already wasn't. Now say, quick use of Google tells me that these indicator stickers are sold. What's your take on buying one and just place where I removed one? With shipping the one I found certainly seems pricey. I'd be delighted if you know to point to a more economical option:
9372873 Nokia Lumia 1520 - Water Soak Label / Liquid Indicator

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
There is no sticker visible under the battery cover of my 640. Maybe it was the seller's mark that the device had gone through inspection?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes