Please help. "Black friday weekend promotion"

Peter McCain

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I bought my HTC TITANs on the black friday weekend. I was told the activation fees were waived. The promotion was on the website. I have called AT&T and I have gone to the store, but no one want to give me back credit on my bill.
The store representative told me the activation would be waived, but I have no proof to show them now.
I remember online all windows phone had the "activation waived" logo on top. Does anyone save the page, or has a screen shot of that promotion.
Thanks for the help

sfleuriet

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure you're not confusing it with the $18 upgrade fee? I ask because I mistakenly thought those were the same thing at first.

Peter McCain

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
wow, i just spoke to one representative on the phone, and he said he can't accept it. The Titan is not shown in the picture and he also wants to see the AT&T logo on top.
Anybody else have more proof?
Thank you.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Good luck when I went to my local store they said their regional manger told them they could not and would not match the on line price it was on line only. I am waiting agt least until March for the 900 maybe later if the Radiant and Mendel are later than that (but not too much later I suspect)

myanimator

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I talked with ATTCustomerCare and got my $18 fee waved today. I simply said that I was told the promotion was a free window phone and was never made aware of any additional charge for a new phone and they removed it from my bill.

Rocket_Girl

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I ordered thru at&t but Best Buy phone came a lot faster, so returned the at&t version. I can check for my invoice from the order: there was no activation fee for new contract during that deal. My order was also a TITAN. Ridiculous for them to give you the runaround on this: they certainly have a record of what their past promotions were. I am sorry you are getting such a runaround. There are better ways to help a new customer feel good about their choice.

Peter McCain

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
you guys have a name of the representative you talked to, or any bill proof?
I'm having a hard time with them, they are forcing me to go to the store I bought the phones from and find the person who sold me the phones.
The store is not near me, Titans back then were really hard to find, so I had to travel a little bit.
They said in my contract, there is a $40 activation fee for each phone, and that this is how they always do with new contracts.

tmotytn

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Activation fees are only $36 at ATT corporate stores...did you maybe go to an Authorized Retailer? I know that ultimately it is ATT, but their loophole may be that you didnt actually buy the phone from them, you bought it from a reseller, therefore "other rules/limitations/exceptions may apply"...either way, it sucks that you are having troubles with them.

My advice would be to keep calling until you get a rep that is more willing to listen and help. I have had calls where I got nowhere and some where I got what I wanted plus some without even trying...

Good luck

Inka

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
The closest that i've come to finding proof is on AT&T's facebook page where on their Nov 25th post they put up this post with a link for their page.
We’re all about making life easy for our fans, and having a touchscreen device can certainly help. Check out the amazing line-up of devices we have on sale today for just a penny!
Can’t Beat our Black Friday Deals
Source: social.att.com
Two-year contract and minimum $15 per month data plan required. Other restrictions apply.

I've found it that contacting their social media team on twitter is a bit more personalized and they're competent compared to the phone reps. Try them out.

https://twitter.com/#!/ATTCustomerCare/teams

Also, if you purchased this phone at an AT&T Corporate store, they should have a record of your purchase on file, and you can request they put a notation on the account for you stating that you should have the activation fee waived, if that is what the agent at the store told you. That should help speed things up.

Anyways, i hope things work out for you!

Peter McCain

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
The closest that i've come to finding proof is on AT&T's facebook page where on their Nov 25th post they put up this post with a link for their page.

I've found it that contacting their social media team on twitter is a bit more personalized and they're competent compared to the phone reps. Try them out.

https://twitter.com/#!/ATTCustomerCare/teams

Also, if you purchased this phone at an AT&T Corporate store, they should have a record of your purchase on file, and you can request they put a notation on the account for you stating that you should have the activation fee waived, if that is what the agent at the store told you. That should help speed things up.

Anyways, i hope things work out for you!
I did buy from a corporate at&t store. The person who sold me the phone is not there anymore and it is $36 fee per phone but the at&t person, who replied an email I sent through their website, said it was $40.

jenashley

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I did buy from a corporate at&t store. The person who sold me the phone is not there anymore and it is $36 fee per phone but the at&t person, who replied an email I sent through their website, said it was $40.

I just sent you a message with info that I think will be helpful. Good luck!

SolunaKitty

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
you guys have a name of the representative you talked to, or any bill proof?
I'm having a hard time with them, they are forcing me to go to the store I bought the phones from and find the person who sold me the phones.
The store is not near me, Titans back then were really hard to find, so I had to travel a little bit.
They said in my contract, there is a $40 activation fee for each phone, and that this is how they always do with new contracts.

Sorry, I don't keep track of the people I talk with :( As for bill proof, it doesn't show as an activation fee credit or anything, but I have a -38.08 from the total amount. It's $36 for the fee wherever I check; dunno why they said $40.

myanimator

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I just wanted to add some details for my case....

My fee was only $18 and was titled as an "upgrade fee" (I've been w/ AT&T and was overdue for an upgrate)

I bought my TITAN at a Microsoft Store and they did not state there would be any additional fees, just that the phone was "free". That is what I told the customer care rep. and they credited me right away the $18.

I would suggest contacting @ATTCustomerCare on twitter. That is how I've gotten the best results for my AT&T problems.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luiandovaf