Who still loves their L920??

swanlee

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I've had my 920 since launch and I have found no reason to upgrade. It still has all the cutting edge features and a great camera and these latest updates pretty much give me a new phone. I have 8.1 on it and it feels great. I'm not going to upgrade until something really new and compelling comes out.

The 930 looked interesting but the lack of glance feature pretty much is a deal breaker.

Last edited:

wpfan86

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I've had my 920 since its first day. I love it. Due for an upgrade this year, but so far, none of the announced 8.1 phones are particularly compelling. I'll probably wait and see what Goldfinger has in store for us.

EMajor75

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm definitely still in love with my Lumia 920! Especially with the Developer Preview of WP8.1! I think the battery doesn't last as long with the update but the phone is still awesome!!!

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I actually sometimes feel a small sense of worry because when my contract is up I'm not sure there will be a phone out that I think will be good enough to make me switch. I just still really like this phone.

ddewar10

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I actually sometimes feel a small sense of worry because when my contract is up I'm not sure there will be a phone out that I think will be good enough to make me switch. I just still really like this phone.

I feel the same way. I love the 925, but no built in wireless charging and its getting old. The 930, not available in the US. 1520, just too big. 1020, no wireless charging built in, and the camera bump annoys me a bit. I love the 920s solid build and weight. I dont know if I'll ever find a replacement for it.

omarahum

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Just got mine a couple of weeks ago, but loving it, especially with the Developer Preview of 8.1....
wp_ss_20140416_0016a.png
wp_ss_20140416_0011a.png
wp_ss_20140417_0001d.png

Last edited:

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I love it and there has been NO successor yet up until now and yes I'm talking about the Lumia 930!! I've dropped it, got it wet, my kids use it and im telling you now if it was a Samsung it would be f**ked by now.

Drzewiec

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Love 920 but hate capacitive buttons light. Why MS cant add an option to turn them off. Now we have to use battery saver... Its really so big problem to add this option?

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I got my 920 on the day it was released. So far, I am still content with it, particularly now with the 8.1 dev update. However, if something comes along that is the right size and has Micro SD capability I will probably make the switch. I'd like a slightly larger screen, but am really interested in the storage.

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I got my 920 on the day it was released. So far, I am still content with it, particularly now with the 8.1 dev update. However, if something comes along that is the right size and has Micro SD capability I will probably make the switch. I'd like a slightly larger screen, but am really interested in the storage.

Why can't people let go of Micro SD cards for nature's sake?! I haven't had a phone which has one since my Sony Ericsson K800. SD card is defunct but people still think they actually need it still.

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Why can't people let go of Micro SD cards for nature's sake?! I haven't had a phone which has one since my Sony Ericsson K800. SD card is defunct but people still think they actually need it still.

When they provide enough memory on the phone that I don't need it, I will. Until then, perhaps it would be more polite for you to stop telling people what they should and should not want in a phone.

Last edited:

Hasan Moursi

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
i just bought a new 920 a month before ..i found it at a store here in egypt dont know how :D
its really awesome i love the 4.5 screen size every thing is awesome after 8.1 ...its only proplem is getting hot during games but its ok i can forget it ..may be i will continue with it for one or two years from now

ezraofcebu

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
I couldn't admire more staring at the display panel of my Lumia 920 since I removed the screen protector ;)
With the 8.1 update providing the parallax effect on the start screen, the aesthetics package looks classy and fine-very fine
wp_ss_20140419_0007.png

Last edited:

LoriInWA

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
No option for me specifically - I LOVE my 920, but I am still going to upgrade to 1020 as soon as ATT ends my current contract! ;-)

Tom Snyder

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Not going to say I love my phone :smile: but I like it a lot, I only love humans and other living creatures.

I will say it's very reliable, does everything I want it to do after having it for 1 year..

My only complaints are the erratic battery drain as others have mentioned, plus the fact their is no app or utility to use to see what is causing the battery drain. The other gripe is the camera which takes a great picture and the software turns it into a fuzzy mess, I've been using Pro Shot and it seems to help a lot on preserving the original photo shots, can't understand why the amber and black updates affected the 920's and didn't seem to affect the 1020's.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site

Ummmm... Space. Space for apps games, pictures, videos, etc...

L Beezy

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Still rocking my L920 since launch as well. Still liking it as if I first got it, especially with 8.1 on it. I feel like there's no other WP that is its true successor, so hopefully it'll last me until I see another WP that is fit to upgrade from this beast.

Ejay Lozano

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
It's the only at&t Windows phone that has a 32gb and built-in wireless charging. Fuq back covers add-ons and only 16gb. Until I see another phone on at&t with those major features I will retire my L920...

DHHSMichael

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
It's the only at&t Windows phone that has a 32gb and built-in wireless charging. Fuq back covers add-ons and only 16gb. Until I see another phone on at&t with those major features I will retire my L920...

Same here. Waiting on the device that offers wireless charging built in and 32GB (or SD) on AT&T. Until then, the 920 is a totally solid device to hold on to for another year.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linux86