Who still loves their L920??

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Especially after updating to 8.1 it's been great, I'm lucky to say that even battery has improved. I don't see any reasons to update to any other phone at the moment. I don't find the ICON compelling enough to switch to and don't like the design and 1520 is way too big to my liking. I don't see myself switching to another phone for at least another year and that will depend on whether a true update to 920 will be released, cause the ICON isn't it for me. I hope Nokia keeps producing phones with the same screen size.

coolraoul

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Still love mine, outstanding design, screen, camera and storage. It is still looking pristine, no issue so far.

And with 8.1 it feels like a new phone!

I don't see for what I could swap it. The 930 is boxy, uninspiring, has no real added added value and no glance screen, while the 1520 is way too large.

o4komodo

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I still love my L920. I replaced it with the 1520 last week... only because the screen shattered on the L920 after a simple drop to concrete. I had other nasty falls and it was perfect [minus the polycarbonate body of course]. The camera was fantastic and I loved taking photos and recording videos with it. It compared pretty well against the 1520 when observing the pictures on the phone [zoomed in and out].
I was still playing with the L920 just before I had it sent for repairs. I plan to use it as my back up--or it appears my roommate wants to buy it off of me.

C LaBelle

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Glad to hear so many still think this is a great phone. WP8.1 really gives it a nice facelift and it still has features that other higher end phones don't have (QI, 32GB). Its going to take a lot to get me to give it up.

rabit1

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Love it. If any, I'd love a (same design as 920) 5" screen and smaller bezel. Other than that, I don't think I'm looking for replacement yet.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Best phone I've ever had and serves me very well. But after 1.5 years, I'm looking to now upgrade to a 1520.

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I still love mine, especially with WP 8.1 Preview installed. It feels like a brand-new phone! I haven't had any issues with battery, Cortana or other bugs at all. I think it'll be even better once we get official WP8.1 and firmware updates.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Still love mine. Runs like a charm. Although I am looking forward to the end of my contract, so I can get the latest greatest. Hoping for a 5inch screen, certainly no bigger. Improved camera tech, Qi charging, similar size to the 920. Oh, and an IR blaster just for good measure. Don't need the NFC bit.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I thought mine cratered it did some seriously weird stuff I bought a 1520 because the email and calendar were seemingly fritzed. I decided on a lark to see what might have changed I recharged the battery and lo and behold it was working again including the email and calendar. I'm not using it and it will either stay my backup or if my son in law wants it he can have it

GammelOter

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
With all the newer WP8 devices out there (and they all are impressive in their own ways) who still loves their Nokia Lumia 920? I for one love mine even though I've had a few issues, its still probably my favorite phone I've ever owned. I would like to jump up to the 1520 but its still pricy. With the new 8.1 update this thing feels like a new phone and I find myself playing with it like I just bought it yesterday. So who else still thinks the 920 is a great phone?

Lumia 920 is also my all time favorite phone.
My first one got stolen, so I even bought a new one exactly like the first.
It is very nice to hold and use and super reliable.
It introduced built in wireless charging to me, and I feel anything else is stone age now.
With the 8.1dev. release, it doesn't feel outdated at all, and it is snappy as always.
It has many fantastic and actually useful features like superb readability in the sun, stabilized camera, good for low light conditions, super sensitive screen.I still think this combined with WP makes it a gem in a world full of gimmicks and devices built to last no more than a year.

I have many good memories with the phone, like this time I went on a skiing trip with a large group of friends. It was freezing -20C (-4 F) and fairly dark outside. After a while we decided to do group photos. Because of the low temperature the phones didn't work properly first of all. Next as people struggled with this they started freezing their hands off without the gloves. Then the ones that actually got any pictures good really bad ones because of the dark conditions. The only phone that actually did the job was the Lumia 920; It worked like a charm all the time, I could take pictures with my gloves on and it even did super pictures in the dark conditions. Best of all I managed to record the whole trip with Endomondo and had access to offline maps all the time. It raised quite a few eyebrows that day.

Being a tech geek I just had to get myself the 930 now, not because I need it in any way...the 920 I could have used for many more years. I still like to keep it around for Here maps in the car or Squeezebox remote. I will also bring it along while travelling or skiing until the 930 has proven its just as reliable. Laying around for a 920 means it can rest one of my many wireless charge pads anyway, no hassle.

HartfordCT

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
My L920 still runs like a champ. I have DP8.1 on it. Been thinking of upgrading it though. Looked at L1520, love the screen but it's just a bit big for me. I don't have large hands. I like the Icon but too bad it's only on Verizon. If L930 comes to AT&T then I may upgrade.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LarasJoao