DON'T buy the new Surface Pro 10 or Surface Laptop 6 — Microsoft has better hardware just around the corner

Deryl McCarty

Apr 30, 2024
Visit site
I held off getting the Pro 10 (Intel) on the advice of Zac and Daniel who suggested waiting for the ARM version of the Pro 10 to be announced in May and sold in June. Good advice, but don't tell them I said so. Should I assume that because TB4 is an Intel specification, the two Pro 10 (ARM) USB C connectors are not TB4? Probably no big deal, but that will mean I have to reorganize my third-party TB4 Dock (Laptop 4), TB4 Dock 4 (Studio Laptop 2), and find the Dock 2 so that the Surface Connect supplies power and ethernet connection to the Pro 10 and talks to any extra monitor?

Annie_M

Jan 31, 2019
Visit site
I held off getting the Pro 10 (Intel) on the advice of Zac and Daniel who suggested waiting for the ARM version of the Pro 10 to be announced in May and sold in June. Good advice, but don't tell them I said so. Should I assume that because TB4 is an Intel specification, the two Pro 10 (ARM) USB C connectors are not TB4? Probably no big deal, but that will mean I have to reorganize my third-party TB4 Dock (Laptop 4), TB4 Dock 4 (Studio Laptop 2), and find the Dock 2 so that the Surface Connect supplies power and ethernet connection to the Pro 10 and talks to any extra monitor?
Hello and Welcome to Windows Central!

dkxs

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
How about Surface pro 10 11 inch with ARM or Surface go 4 with ARM cpu in June?
It's been so many years of waiting. I still don't get it why Microsoft doesn't want to release an 11-inch version of surface pro or upgrade surface go's display. Surface Go's form factor is perfect for portability but it seriously lack a good display. It's already 2024, yet the latest Surface Go 4 still uses 1080P equivalent resolution without high refresh rate. Why can't microsoft make a good consumer hardware product?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linux86