When will AT&T Lumia 830 get PROPER Denim update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

terryw64

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
It's sad, but the carriers are the ones to give the Windows Phone a bad rap. I remember looking at phones with AT&T a couple of years back. The sales people were either dogging Windows Phone, recommending something other than a Windows Phone or didn't know what they were talking about.

Explains why Apple demands and has so much control over their products.

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
It was billed as the first windows phone to ship with denim installed. What ended up shipping was cyan with a denim nameplate. Ridiculous.

It was also one of the closest matching options that closely matches what I had. I cannot use certain apps because of a software bug, I cannot use advertised features because the device does not have the proper firmware, = defective. BBB only has a few options in a drop down when filing a complaint

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
So, MS mentioned they would take control of updates away from carriers with Windows 10... Not sure where the article is and if it is a blanket statement or only will apply to phones that ship with windows 10 installed. Hopefully it will fix issues like this.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
So, MS mentioned they would take control of updates away from carriers with Windows 10... Not sure where the article is and if it is a blanket statement or only will apply to phones that ship with windows 10 installed. Hopefully it will fix issues like this.

probably once you're on 10 officially (or via insider)

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I got 8.1 update 2 onto my phone. I WILL find a way to get Windows 10 mobile onto my L830 RM-983 if I have to hack it - somehow...

Last edited:

jwvjwv

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if the current issues with the 830 that are due to a lack of the Denim update will be resolved when Windows 10 Mobile officially comes out, or will these missing features still require a proper Denim update to work even in Windows 10?

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if the current issues with the 830 that are due to a lack of the Denim update will be resolved when Windows 10 Mobile officially comes out, or will these missing features still require a proper Denim update to work even in Windows 10?
I do not believe anybody but MS will know the answer to this. I am afraid to ask and find out that full Denim is required for the final version of W10 mobile. I sure hope that is not the case.

ByeVanno

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Anybody know a link to that post that showed you how to hack update 2 onto your phone I was holding off doing that but now I see no point avoiding it?

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Anybody know a link to that post that showed you how to hack update 2 onto your phone I was holding off doing that but now I see no point avoiding it?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...stalling-wp-8-1-update-2-lumia-devices**.html

while you are at it you can interop unlock your phone and change a few other registry settings (get the phone to 8.1 update 2 first, since a hard reset will remove the interop unlock).
[XAP] vcREG: Lumia Reg Editor (live/perm int?€? | Windows Phone 8 Development and Hacking | XDA Forums

http://forum.xda-developers.com/win...xap-wptweaker-registry-tweaker-wp8-1-t3147272

ByeVanno

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
just left a voicemail with the rep that contacted me and told him that the "buyers remorse time lapsed excuse was not a good one, and go to go back to the bean counters and tell them that the refusal to refund the cost of the phone would cost them 5220 / year via 7 lines leaving AT&T.

I doubt it will do anything, but I will be a pain in their *** as long as I am using their network.

I also referenced the article Daniel was kind enough to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eddacker