HP Elite X3 ? Dual SIM Question

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
I?m still debating whether this phone is too big for me or not. Anyway, I have a question unrelated about this phone. If you opt for a memory card in place of sim #2, does the empty sim notification disappear from the notification bar on top? Just curious how this works? Does anyone have experience here? Thanks in advance!!

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I think it should as the phone will then be a single SIM phone - it can't display the second SIM icons if there is no second SIM hardware installed

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have a dual SIM, Adaptive Tray Coship Moly W5. I use it with one SIM and an SD card. There are two phone icons in the status bar. It remains doubled everywhere. Putting in the SD does not negate the dual SIM options.

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
I have a dual SIM, Adaptive Tray Coship Moly W5. I use it with one SIM and an SD card. There are two phone icons in the status bar. It remains doubled everywhere. Putting in the SD does not negate the dual SIM options.
Thanks again RumoredNow! If I do pull the trigger on this phone I will then search for the single sim model (according to the specs there is a single sim version somewhere). I managed to get my single sim L950 through Clove UK and phone arrived in USA 2 days later.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If I do pull the trigger on this phone I will then search for the single sim model

FWIW I have owned 3 dual SIM phones that I have used with just one SIM. I simply refuse to let the extra icons bother me. I know some people have a hard time focusing past it, but you really shouldn't let it keep you from buying a device you want.

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
FWIW I have owned 3 dual SIM phones that I have used with just one SIM. I simply refuse to let the extra icons bother me. I know some people have a hard time focusing past it, but you really shouldn't let it keep you from buying a device you want.
I agree, but I acknowledge my anal retentiveness. I chatted with HP earlier and they confirmed that they are selling both.

kurtd

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I think having a 2nd sim slot increases resale value. The 2nd sim slot can be used for:
1. It comes in real handy while traveling internationally as you can insert a lower cost sim with a local number and a local data plan etc. without having to remove your primary sim.
2. It could also be used as a work and personal sim
3. Or just put in a prepaid sim to have a 2nd number.

There are many uses so don't see why you'd pay the same price for a single sim phone. Microsoft should just make an option to disable the 2nd sim slot \ icons or something.

What I wish for is an SD \ SIM combo all in one card so I could actually make use of 2 sims and an SD in the HP elite X3 as I can on my dual sim 950.

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
I have no use for dual-sim. I travel internationally 4 months out of the year and with T-Mobile I have free global roaming though usually just 2G speeds. This is usually good enough for Skype/Line calls, and text messages are also free. This summer I had unlimited 4G throughout Europe. Yeah, even better coverage than at home in the US. Just in case I need another line I still carry along my old Nokia E71.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I have no use for dual-sim. I travel internationally 4 months out of the year and with T-Mobile I have free global roaming though usually just 2G speeds. This is usually good enough for Skype/Line calls, and text messages are also free. This summer I had unlimited 4G throughout Europe. Yeah, even better coverage than at home in the US. Just in case I need another line I still carry along my old Nokia E71.

when you have countries like India that have 10 telcoms with each having different pricing and offers, dual, triple and quad sim phones sell like crazy :grin:

Not every country has great roaming options - hence the reason to use a local line in a foreign country

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
when you have countries like India that have 10 telcoms with each having different pricing and offers, dual, triple and quad sim phones sell like crazy :grin:

Not every country has great roaming options - hence the reason to use a local line in a foreign country
I get the point of dual-sim. I am just surprised that is what they are selling in the US. I was just as surprised that in the US the L950/XL were only offered as dual-sim at the MS Store with AT&T being the exception.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes