HP Elite x3 - SD Card disconnecting?

DrNitun

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

Was anyone able to make headway on this? I am on my 3rd replacement device (again with new sim tray design) and my MicroSD card is still not being recognized.

pjhenry1216

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone noticed any relation to bluetooth in regards to your issue? If the issue occurs while connected to my car through bluetooth, it disconnects for a few moments. I was syncing my garmin watch and it failed and a second later, the message popped up about the sd card. I have bluetooth on all the time and its almost always synced to my watch. I'm wondering if there's any relation to bluetooth or if bluetooth may even be part of the cause. So my question to everyone is... has anyone had the issue occur when bluetooth was turned off?

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: SD Card disconnecting?

Haven't got a new FW for a while, I suspect they are working at it. Been using 64gb card for a month and on CU/fast ring, zero issues.

deadbarney

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I bought an X3 a couple of weeks ago, direct from HP, along with a 200GB Sandisk card. All was fine until the latest "Creators" update got installed last night. Since then I've had two SD disconnects and a couple of random lockups. Guess they're still working on that fix... :/

DCW1000

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
I got my x3 not long after release day and put the SD card in it not much later. I never actually made use of it -- just wanted some extra storage in case. Then about three to four months ago I began getting the occasional nag message about needing to go through the settings disconnect sequence before I pulled the card. I just ignored them because I had done nothing with the card. Today I finally wondered why this was happening and with a little research found that my SD card's contents were not then visible on the phone but would come back with a reboot.

I don't see how this could be a tray issue. As others here have found, the disconnects and messages started after I enrolled in the Insider program and started getting fast ring updates of the Creators Update. I rolled back to the Anniversary Update at one point to re-enable firmware updates, then stayed there until recently. I don't recall any nag screens during the period I was not on the CU. Now that the CU has become the current release and is on my phone again, I am again seeing the problem.

Sounds like HP has heard about this problem from other posters in this thread, so they certainly know about it. I have planted a message with Microsoft at the Feedback Hub, upvoting a problem report from four months ago at the same time. Hope they get around to dealing with this at some point. If I see that nag screen one more time, I'm going to take the card out of the phone and leave it out until I read that the problem has been fixed.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I am still working with L3 support at HP. They are in talks with Microsoft as it does appear to be OS related. I have been sent multiple trays and devices to no avail. I have uploaded many sets of huge log files to support. While I think they are getting closer, they still do not have a fix for these random disconnects. I do see a slight correlation to calendar reminders but that's not always the cause either.

Jimmie Lee

May 5, 2014
Visit site
I bought an X3 a couple of weeks ago, direct from HP, along with a 200GB Sandisk card. All was fine until the latest "Creators" update got installed last night. Since then I've had two SD disconnects and a couple of random lockups. Guess they're still working on that fix... :/

This is when I believe my SD card issue started: after the very last update I got a few days ago. I tend to think, it's an OS issue. Something that, maybe, changes in the OS after changes are done, due to an update.

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site

I'm confident hp will fix this. They are serious in the device, unlike MS and Lumia. They have enterprise customers to take care of.

jssmarathon

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

Mine started back up with creators but hp said nothing about softwareband is sending me card tray #3

Phone is unusable

jemaho

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
This is when I believe my SD card issue started: after the very last update I got a few days ago. I tend to think, it's an OS issue. Something that, maybe, changes in the OS after changes are done, due to an update.

Same here. Had no problem with the SD card until I updated a few days ago to the creators update. Now disconnecting randomly, no matter bluetooth is on or off, or NFC or TTP are enable or not!

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Latest update on my support ticket with HP;
"Trying to get info on the known SD card disconnect bug that they found in RS2 update. I am not sure if they have patched it yet, meaning it could affect all versions out there. My contact in mobility R&D was out of office today, so waiting for a reply."

O W Jones

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site

Had this problem with error message too since creators update. Rebooted phone 2 or 3 times after creators update the next day. Only way to access ssd spreadsheets and apps. Did web research on baconit/reddit and found suggestion to turn off NFC and load apps to device not ssd. Did both no problems since, Then reset load apps back to ssd, but left NFC off as I don't use it. Still have not had ssd problems.

pjhenry1216

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I've had this issue even on the Anniversary update and I never joined the Insider program. They eventually sent me a new phone, but the problem took less than 24 hours to pop up again. Different people seem to see it joined with different things. I *have* noticed it pop up after getting a calendar reminder as someone has mentioned, but I've also had it pop up on its own right after unlocking. Other times just listening to music over bluetooth connection in my car.

I did reopen the ticket and the support person told me they've recently designed a new *third* tray that's supposed to fix it. I find this unlikely to work (not to say it wasn't successfully addressing some other possible issue), but she's going to try and get it sent to me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon