HP Elite x3 - SD Card disconnecting?

Narathan

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I've tried the Sandisk 32GB and that rebooted my device, but I read that was a problem in the Fast Ring preview. I'll give it another try with the latest build.

My other cards were Samsung Evo 64gb and 128gb cards.

UPDATE: Left the phone idle for a few hours and it seems to run fine with the Sandisk 32GB card. I don't have the new tray, this phone is part of the first batch.

Going to switch out the 128gb card again, see whats different. Will try a format. There's got to be an explanation.

Second update: So far no unmounts, but I do get the message "scan your sd card for errors" every time I reboot the device. Seems fine... for now.

Last edited:

Narathan

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: SD Card disconnecting?

Alright. Still a disconnect. Going to stick to the Sandisk 32gb card for now since that one arena to work fine. This definitly is firmware related. The 128gb card always worked just fine before the last firmware update. Hope they bring out a fix soon!

emmeborn

Elite x3 & Lumia 950XL Champion
May 27, 2013
Visit site
I have kept my X3 on Fast ring since the beginning, but I think the problems with my 64GB Sandisk card begun a couple of firmwares ago.

Last edited:

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site

Called hp support. They said they have a new sim tray. The older one says 1, 2 on it. Newer one says Top on it. I doubt this will work. Anyone got the newer one?

ctonylee

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site

I turned off NFC and tap to pay and haven't had the issue all day. It was happening to me multiple times a day before i turned this settings off.

emmeborn

Elite x3 & Lumia 950XL Champion
May 27, 2013
Visit site

I turned off NFC and tap to pay and haven't had the issue all day. It was happening to me multiple times a day before i turned this settings off.

I will give this a try. Do not use tap to pay and could switch on NFC manually when I need it. Will report back the result after some testing.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I just turned these off as well. I was surprised to find Tap To Pay on since the phone isnt yet approved for this and Wallet wont store credit cards yet until MSFT approves the device.

cnashx

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site

Called hp support. They said they have a new sim tray. The older one says 1, 2 on it. Newer one says Top on it. I doubt this will work. Anyone got the newer one?

I have had the sim tray replaced twice and the phone replaced once without any change.
I am now running logs on my phone to send to them which is slowing performance so hopefully I won't have to do it forever.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I've been sent 3 trays and another phone which btw was refurbished, not new. The problem is firmware, not the slot or the tray as the card stays mounted. If it was the tray, the card would never work at all. I honestly feel they have no idea what the cause is.

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site

Thanks all for doing all the work. The more we report the issue, the sooner they will find a fix. Hp supports the product and I am sure it will be fixed in a fw.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes