12-24-2012, 03:38 PM #1
- 1 Posts
Last week I bought the HTC 8S with a 32 GB sd-card, and I'm already getting very annoyed by how the phone or WP8 is limiting everything.
Just to sum up:
- Email is stored in internal storage, not on sd-card (no option to change this)
- Nokia maps are stored in internal storage, not on sd-card (no option to change this)
- Applications are stored in internal storage, not on sd-card (no option to change this)
- No way of setting up folders of IMAP email (WP8 is creating it's own folders)
- Every email account becomes a new "application" and new "tile" on the main screen
- No way to set-up a homepage in Internet Explorer
- No way of logging out of Skype (you need to reinstall the application)
I bought the 32 GB sd-card, because I wanted to keep my internal memory offloaded as much as possible, because 4 GB (1,8 GB left after WP8 installed) is not much for internal storage. I really hope that all these "limitations" are caused by WP8 itself, and not by the phone, and that Microsoft will fix this soon.
At this moment I'm very disappointed in my HTC 8S because I now only have 120 MB left in my internal storage after only installing 4 small application and downloading a few Nokia maps and setting up multiple IMAP email accounts.
12-24-2012, 03:52 PM #2
- 938 Posts
I don't have a solution for all your issues, but I think the email thing may be sortable. In my email I have the option to consolidate several accounts. I literally had a few all showing in to the same inbox. Just need to go in to email and then add an account.
I may be a mile off the mark, as I imagine you tried that and it didn't suffice. If not, give it a whirl.Own a Lumia 920 - in UK
- 01-03-2013, 04:42 PM #3
I have more than a dozen apps installed on my 8S and I still have 1.2Gb of storage left. I don't see a problem with the way the storage is managed at all. If you'd done any research at all, you'd know WinPhone doesn't support IMAP. And how did you get Nokia Maps onto it?
01-03-2013, 06:53 PM #4
- 2 Posts
Who says it doesn't support IMAP? It's right there in the list of options. Did you mean to say if you'd done any research at all you'd know it doesn't support IMAP... very well?... (ie you can't seem to change the 'sent' email folder... at least not that I can figure out...) Other than that it seems ok - at least from the limited testing I've done to date... and Nokia maps is already on my HTC 8X - it's the satnav that isn't...
01-04-2013, 04:24 AM #5
- 5 Posts
01-11-2013, 07:19 AM #6
- 3 Posts
This a duplicate post (Admin: If you want you can delete)...
I have a htc 8s, and my memory is full :-)
I do not have installed any app...
Photos, videos and music to SDCARD.
I just connect 2 e-mail accounts and facebook to the People APP.
I do not receive any e-mails.
I spend lot of time in the facebook... wacth photos of my "friends"... So, my memory is full with cache image of facebbok. In proprieties I have +/- 2000 pictures (I believe is cache).
How to clean cache?
It's possible to save cache in SDCARD (like android)?
- By scottcraft in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 0Last Post: 09-20-2011, 09:25 PM
- By TheWeeBear in forum WindowsCentral.com - Site News, Feedback, HelpReplies: 9Last Post: 08-24-2011, 10:41 AM
- By Luisraul924 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 5Last Post: 07-25-2011, 11:12 AM
- By Samsteele in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 5Last Post: 03-08-2011, 10:16 AM
- By DanSmithKY in forum Samsung FocusReplies: 4Last Post: 11-09-2010, 10:40 AM