Settings & Photos Won't Load

Tom West

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm having a repeating issue on my HTC 8S. Basically, after it has been running for a while, if you select the settings or the photos, the main screen clears the tiles and then the screen goes black.. Then after about 3-5 seconds, the screen reverts back to the home screen.

Turning it off and on again seems to sort it out, but this has now happened 3 or 4 times in the last couple of weeks and is far from ideal. To further the annoyance, when you try to turn the phone off, the "goodbye" message appears and then just hangs - until either the battery runs out or I do a hardware power off. I've still got > 480 mb free, so don't think its that...

Has anyone else suffered from something similar and any ideas if it can be fixed - not sure if there is an event log I can see on the phone to at least tell me what the issue is!

ljoga

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I've just had the same problem, settings and photos didn't load. Tried turning off the phone and now its stuck on the goodbye screen. Don't really have an answer yet since i'll have to wait for the battery to run out to use it again. :S

Tom West

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
If you hold down the power button for about 10 seconds, the phone will do a hardware power off that'll let you turn it back on again... But yes, I am still suffering with the issue.

I'm not sure if it is specific to the phone or windows 8. Do you have a memory card installed? Seems to only be an issue since I added mine.

ljoga

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
power button + volume down is also supposed to help mine just randomly restarted couple of minutes ago

and yes i have an 8gb micro sd card but ive used that since day one and now a month later this happened. im not sure if the memory card is the issue here

sleepychichi

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
The same things is happening to my HTC Windows 8s. Its happened 4 times now and I only had the phone since last thursday. I dont have any apps yet apart from those pre loaded, and thats more because the apps are rubbish :winktongue: I removed my memory card and it still has the same issue. Its a pain in the backside. Had anyone been able to figure this out?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes