Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Is there any way to set the default so that the person I am calling cannot see my cell number?

Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    select phone tile, click three button thingy (bottom right corner), setting, under "Show my caller ID to" select what you like :)
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebaneeezor View Post
    select phone tile, click three button thingy (bottom right corner), setting, under "Show my caller ID to" select what you like :)
    Thanks, but I do not see this option under Settings on the Verizon HTC 8X. Can anyone else with the Verizon HTC 8X verify this?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,271 Global Posts
    You dial *67 before you dial the number, but your number can always be traced.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hbg View Post
    Thanks, but I do not see this option under Settings on the Verizon HTC 8X. Can anyone else with the Verizon HTC 8X verify this?
    oops - sorry. that was Lumia 920 - guess I should read what forum im in first next time, lol..... sorry :)

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    You dial *67 before you dial the number, but your number can always be traced.
    Yep, can always do *67, but was hoping to be able to set it by default. Most of my other phones have this option like WP8 on your Lumia. Must be a Verizon thing- they probably want to charge a monthly fee for blocking the ability of others to see your number.

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hbg View Post
    Yep, can always do *67, but was hoping to be able to set it by default. Most of my other phones have this option like WP8 on your Lumia. Must be a Verizon thing- they probably want to charge a monthly fee for blocking the ability of others to see your number.
    You can disable this through Verizon, with no fee. Log in to your Verizon account, and select it under "Change Features."

Joel

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHorner View Post
    You can disable this through Verizon, with no fee. Log in to your Verizon account, and select it under "Change Features." Joel
    Thanks. Which option is it? I looked earlier and could not tell.