Amazon just made it easier to hide bad reviews, and that sucks

fdruid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Lucky they're not Microsoft, or they would be getting some heat from the regulators.
At least they should, we all know they're clowns and do their shows just to pursue their political agendas.

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Amazon keeps encouraging shady businesses more and more every day in the name of profit over value for customers. They've proven long ago that they don't care about customers and - even though I'm not a fan of saying this - the Feds really need to look into pulling them apart.

So... here's a tool (browser extension or phone app) I've been using for a while when shopping on Amazon. Because Amazon allows fake (bot) reviews of products, this tool (called RealMeta) service sifts through and analyzes all of the reviews of a product in a couple of seconds, and lets you know how trustworthy the reviews are - which relates to how trustworthy the product is. Take a look at the video to see how it works. It has helped me many times when a products just seemed to have way too many positive reviews for the crap it was.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Amazon keeps encouraging shady businesses more and more every day in the name of profit over value for customers. They've proven long ago that they don't care about customers and - even though I'm not a fan of saying this - the Feds really need to look into pulling them apart.

So... here's a tool (browser extension or phone app) I've been using for a while when shopping on Amazon. Because Amazon allows fake (bot) reviews of products, this tool (called RealMeta) service sifts through and analyzes all of the reviews of a product in a couple of seconds, and lets you know how trustworthy the reviews are - which relates to how trustworthy the product is. Take a look at the video to see how it works. It has helped me many times when a products just seemed to have way too many positive reviews for the crap it was.
Thanks for the link. That is very helpful.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria