Bluetooth phone quality

lzicc

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
My truck has bluetooth built in for music streaming and phone calls. When I connect my phone to my truck, the person I am talking to hears allot of noise/interference. On my I don't hear any interference, the call sounds clear. This just stated when I switch to my new 8x phone. When I had my Samsung Charge, there was never an issue with sound quality. The sound quality was good on both end. I don't understand how changing phones would have any bearing on this since the I am actually using the trucks built in speaker and mic.

When I stream music using my bluetooth, I don't have any issue's either.

Any ideas?

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
My old LG bluetooth earset is working fine with the 8X. The few phone calls I've made with it came out clear and I asked the other person's about the audio quality.
Perhaps you were talking with the truck windows opened. Wind can cause poor audio quality when calling. I will look into this by trying to use my bluetooth earset more and see if the audio is still good on my end.

lzicc

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I made sure all the windows are closed and stuff like that. I may try to pair it up again with my car stereo.

lzicc

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I tested this out today. I unpaired my phone then paired it again with truck radio via bluetooth. I made a call from my home phone to my cell phone that was connected to my trucks radio. The background noise was really bad when I was listening from my house phone. It was silent in the garage so there was no background noise. I don't know what could be causing this. The truck was in the garage and wasn't even running when I tested it.

sportrckr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
My car also has bluetooth calling but I've never had anyone complain about the call quality, they've all said that they can hear me just fine.

oktoberrust11

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
My truck has bluetooth built in for music streaming and phone calls. When I connect my phone to my truck, the person I am talking to hears allot of noise/interference. On my I don't hear any interference, the call sounds clear. This just stated when I switch to my new 8x phone. When I had my Samsung Charge, there was never an issue with sound quality. The sound quality was good on both end. I don't understand how changing phones would have any bearing on this since the I am actually using the trucks built in speaker and mic.

When I stream music using my bluetooth, I don't have any issue's either.

Any ideas?

I don't have any ideas, but I will say I'm experiencing the same issue. The difference in my Focus from my old Android phone to the 8X is apparently significant, as everyone I talk to on the 8X comments on how loud the background noise is.

lzicc

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I tried my other vehicle's built in bluetooth and had the same issue. While on the call, if I mute the WP8, the static goes away. I'm on the phone now with Verizon tech support now. I'll let you know what we find out.

lzicc

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
After talking to Verizon, they feel that it is a hardware issue. I took the phone back to Best Buy and they exchanged it no questions asked. On my way home, I called my wife via my truck bluetooth and she said that the static is gone. I want to try a few more calls to make sure, but it sounds like it was a hardware issue. If things would change, I'll post back. I just find it hard to believe that streaming audio was fine.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
The Bluetooth system in my FIAT connects really well, and the 8X delivers such a stunningly clear connection (sans static) that some callers think I've dropped because they don't hear any background hiss.

lzicc

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Bad news, the issue is still there. On my way to work my wife called and she could here the static again. :( Not sure what to do at this point.

lzicc

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
After some thought, I remember that my wife said I sounded very loud over the bluetooth which got me thinking that maybe my car stereo bluetooth mic volume is up to high. I don't know if I can set the volume control for the mic, but I am going to go into the stereo bluetooth setup and see if there is a command to lower the volume. The mic volume being up to high could cause static/distortion.

oktoberrust11

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I did a phone exchange for a different reason, and this phone has the same issue. Very loud background noise when I talk. Again, my Android phone (G2) did not have this issue.

scottd34

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
you could try working with htc tech directly, if its software then they would be in a better position to address it. Car bluetooth kits are very fussy so it could be something between that phones bluetooth version and that specific make/model car kit's firmware which is why nobody else using car kits sees the issue but youve had 3 phones that have it.

lzicc

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I sent HTC support an email on this issue and will see what they come up with. I will post back when I hear something.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes