The universe bumped me back to HTC :)

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
My Lumia 920 had a severe problem with dust under the camera and the screen. It finally got so bad that the FF camera couldn't take uncloudy photos due to all the dust, so I took it back to AT&T. They were out of 920s, and asked me if I wanted an 8X instead... and I said yes.

So now I am the proud owner of the WP8 I was originally planning to get -- the Blue 16 GB 8X. Loving it so far and I'll do my "delayed comparison" between the two phones, since I've now had an opportunity to own and use both! :)

BotanicalStig

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
How long did you have your 920 and how did you get rid of it? Nokia was supposed to help me with my problems with the phone but I think they're trying to blow me off... 8x is looking better and better every day.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I had my 920 for about three weeks, and was fixing the dust issue for a while with a can of pressurized air blown into the headphone jack.

The camera is SUPPOSED to be sealed and isolated from the rest of the phone, but the headphone jack and ear jack on the sound port both had "lines" to the camera. As a result, the FF camera got so dusty that it couldn't take decent photos.

I didn't deal with Nokia, I went to AT&T directly to complain, and they were out of replacement 920s, so I proposed they give me a blue 16 GB 8X as a replacement. They agreed.

So far I LOVE this phone. It is so gorgeous, easy to hold, and fits in the hand perfectly. The light weight is really noticeable, and the screen quality is comparable to the 920's as well. The camera is also better in regular light conditions for the photos I've taken.

I'm totally biased for HTC products anyway, but this is easily the best phone HTC has ever made.

BotanicalStig

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Did you go to the store or call in? I might try a different store and see if they will refund me. I got this one less than two weeks ago, but it was my third replacement... Not sure how that would go. But I'd like to get a Verizon model with wireless charging instead.

Hows the battery life compared between the two? I think the 920 has great battery life. Compared to my iPhone I get over 2 more hours of usage before it dies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2