Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

I am trying so hard not to get pissed, but this is getting old. Video recording has sound distortion one minute. The next recording is fine. Back and fourth like this. I thought it was the back speaker doing it again. Not! One minute the phone works perfect, the next thing ya know it won't do squat! Anyone else get this issue?

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    get the lumia 920

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    telling some to just "get the lumia" is not exactly helpful. (its not even available on all carriers). As for your issue... I experienced that problem once. I recorded about a 45 sencond video and at the end it got distorted. It hasnt happened again. (ive had the phone about 2 weeks)

I also have the same issue frequently and am trying not to get pissed. Every time I want to throw my HTC 8x out the window. It's always on really important video clips too and it seems to be completely random. Sometimes its fine, next clip its not. I had to throw out a bunch of footage of grandpa and the kids, and a bunch of baby talk from the newborn. Sadly I had audio SYNC issues when I used Android, seems I just cant win. Microsoft!!!! So close to having a good camera for VLOG'ers. MS, Thought camera's was suppose to be your bag baby?

Sound recording is awful on our phone... too much distortion, see thread below (warning do not listen to the comparison video using headphones with high volume, it may damage your ear drums lol!)

HTC 8X vs Nokia Lumia 920 - Recording a live Deadmau5 event | Windows Phone Central

Sony just fixed the distortion issue by a software update, adding microphone gain control setting! See below, huge difference when 'low' mic sensitivity setting is enabled:

Xperia Z2 gets microphone gain control; hear the difference? | JM Communications