8x Screen Lifting / Creaking

paulsnyder90

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
When I originally received my device I noticed the lower left corner of the screen was lifting away
a bit from the body of the device. Didn't think anything of it because I had seen some mentioning
of this before (even in a review of the device before they were released publicly.

Anyway, now I've noticed that whenever I grab the phone a certain way, it makes a snapping
or creaking noise on the left side (or even if I grab the device firmly in general). I can also feel
the screen push downwards very slightly whenever I press close to the edge of the screen.

Anyone else notice this on their device?

ivirsnezbit

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I also notice & disregarded the screen lifted on the lower left side. I've had my phone about a month and I noticed early this week creaking noise on the right side between the camera and volume buttons. We have also had a temp drop from the 70s to the mid 40s outside so I thought this might have something to do with it, since plastic become more brittle when cold. Just a though, hope it goes away, but I think I might just have to live with it. The screen hasn't seemed to have lifted up anymore, just a creaky noise if I push on a certain place :(

I still love the phone, and am happy with the way wp8 is heading.

adamjamess

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Have you folks contacted HTC about it? Visiting your carrier or their customer service will end up in a refurbished replacement ide imagine, however HTC may try to fix or replace with new.

paulsnyder90

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I didn't see anything on HTC about replacements though, just repairs :/ Which I don't want to have to deal with. Plus I'm having battery issues
as well as possible reception issues, so I'd rather just exchange it.

I did purchase it from Wal Mart actually but I purchased it online and I'm not sure if I can exchange it in store.

paulsnyder90

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Replacing HTC 8x

I wasn't sure where to post this on the forum, so I'll just post it here for now since the 8x is the phone I own:

I'm going to try to replace my 8x from Verizon through Wal Mart (where I purchased it). However, I purchased it
online from walmart.com and was wondering if anyone knew if I can just go to wal mart and have them replace it
in store (so I don't have to deal with shipping it off, etc).

The only reason I bought it online was because my store didn't have the phones yet but now they do.

Has anyone done this before? Couldn't find anything helpful on walmart.com about carrier phones.

adamjamess

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I see. If you are wanting to exchange for a different device your bound by Walmart return exchange policy. Corporate vzw stores only honor return or exchange within first 14 days only if purchased via Verizonwireless.Com or a a corporate b&m store. Otherwise going into a vzw store will result in them sending you a refurbished replacement via FedEx.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
My Tmobile 8X does have the lifting screen and noises, and this is my second 8X. To make my experience worse, I actually had damage to the polycarb body. It was a gigantic hump right underneath the volume rocker and you can tell someone pressed to hard with their thumb and first finger. besides the hump it has light peeking throught the ENTIRE bottom of the screen (lifted). Im so pissed at HTC and they said they don't replace that are not broke.. Plz someone tell me how the **** can they fix this WITHOUT having to replace the phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes