SKYPE finally works

alfar

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I figured out how to make Skype work, i.e. when I get a skype call the phone wakes up and receive the call, here we go:

1. merge your skype with microsoft account
2. buy a cheap pc server and install linux on it, and install Skype
3. log in the skype on linux (or windows) server with your microsoft account (after merging)
4. uninstall skype on your 8X and re-install it
5. login on your 8X skype with your microsoft account.

the magic is done, now skype will always receive a skype call.

DigitalDK

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I can see how this would be practical... :p interesting work around, I'm sure some will find this useful. I however will just wait it out, it's nice to know there is a way though lol.

Shodan_HR

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
i should by a pc sever of average price 100$ just to make skype to work.. thx for the effort but it cost money and it shouldnt

alfar

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
this is the ONLY solution currently works, the server is useful for many things, like torrents download for example, anyway its only my 2 cents.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Ive finally got my skype working today as well - but through a different solution.

I had a skype account previously that was linked to my facebook account. For some odd reason it wouldnt let me sync with my windows messenger account and going to my skype account on the internet never seemed to store any of my changed details.

So today i bit the bullet created a new skype account. Logged into skype with my microsoft account then linked it with my new skype account and then facebook and added all my old contacts from my original skype account.
Once that was done and all set up I uninstalled skype on my phone and my surface then reinstalled both and signed in using my microsoft account.
Everything works perfectly now. To the point where messages and calls im receiving on my pc also appear on my phone and my surface at the same time. Had to disable push notifications on phone and surface while im working at my desk as im on skype all day.

Not sure if this works for everyone - but its the first time in 3 months that skype has worked as it should.

Shodan_HR

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
How about battery drain? Is it still there? I've installed skype yesterday and almost everything was fine... At one moment when i tried to enter app it would crash. After a while i've entered app normally and everything was fine till this morning when it drained my battery for 20 % in less then 2 hours... I've deleted it and will ttry to install it again. I loged in with my MS acc.btw

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Battery life has been pretty good since the portico update even with skype now working fully - im only having to charge my phone for 3 hours every day. Have wifi always on, lots of background apps running and im probably what you would call a moderate user. Couple of hours of music, few calls, alot of texts, facebook, twitter etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12