Partially Deaf so help needed please.

Col1948

May 19, 2015
Visit site
I'm partially deaf and I have trouble hearing the phone ring even with the volume set to its highest, I was wondering if there was an app that boosts the sound and if so which one is the best?
When I'm at home I have Bluetooth speaker that I pair the phone to to help me hear if I have a call or text, I just ordered one of those earpieces for when I'm out hoping that will or might help.

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm tone deaf. I found two ring tones that I can hear. One is called the matrix tone. The other is 1985 ringer. Even on the m8 for windows I miss most sounds. Even using ring and vibrate oh on the m8 I can't get that ring and vibrate to work at the same time as I did on theL925

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
alternative suggestion, and admittedly expensive, but if you were thinking about wearables anyway, a smart watch like the MS band, with its haptic feedback for notifications, like a vibration/tap on the wrist, could be a more sure fire way of not missing that important call!

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I have uploaded my ringtone to my Onedrive with a link to it here: http://1drv.ms/1F2WAOT

I use this in the summer time. I drive a Jeep, and with the top down, it gets extremely loud at highway speed. This ringtone is very shrill and at max volume, I can hear it through all the other racket. I'm not sure if this tone is in an audio range that will help you, but I hope it helps.

Kavu2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
As mentioned previously, I'm thinking the MS Band is the way to go if the loud ringtones don't work.

Alternatively, there is a battery powered device that activates a flashing LED light via cell phone vibtations. It's called the 'LightOn' by DreamZon. Works on any phone w/vibration capability. The model looks similar in size and shape to a phone dock. Might be a partial solution for home/office or car use...looks like it is the $50-60 range.

Dreamzon - Products

------------------------------
DreamZon's LightOn is an innovative signaling solution specifically developed for deaf and hard of hearing individuals. It alerts users by flashing a bright LED light when there's a new call or text message on their cell phone.
---------------------------------

Of topic....seems like this is screaming for an app solution....you know like an app that is triggered by the ringtone or vibration to flash a white light on the start screen. Maybe one of the hundred or so flashlight apps could figure this out <hint>

Col1948

May 19, 2015
Visit site
The LightOn looks good, I might look in to getting one of those as well.

I got delivery of my new earpiece yesterday, I got it paired up to the phone now so will be trying it out later, I did try it briefly yesterday but my fault I never read the instructions properly and couldn't hear a thing, I re-read them today and realised my mistake lol.

As some of you with bad hearing will know, some sounds come through a lot better than others, it's trial and error finding the right one.

Col1948

May 19, 2015
Visit site
Update: I went shopping yesterday and took/tried my new earpiece, I tried to make a phone call to my daughter but heard nothing so I ended up using my phone the normal way.
While I was out I called in the mobile phone shop and the guy there helped me out, he deleted the earpiece from my phone that I thought was paired then reinstalled/paired it up, this time the text on the phone went blue and not the white colour it was when I did it, he tested it by making call and it worked.
I tried it later with success, it has made a big difference, I know a lot of you have probably got and had one for years but this is the first time for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes