Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By nlocurto
  • 1 Post By Tikerz
  • 1 Post By nlocurto
  • 3 Post By naplesbill
  • 1 Post By TaliZorah

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Hey there all,

This weekend I started having issues with my capacitive buttons on my Lumia 900. I swapped out my Lumia for an HTC Titan II this morning.

I had a Titan I but had issues with the call quality. Really like the feel of the Titan II. Hopefully I have a better experience with the Titan II over the Lumia.

..Gromet

Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    For me it has been a great change. Really no issues at all with the titan II. I guess the only thing that would like is a better resolution display.

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express

Global Posts
    838 Global Posts
    is this really better than the lumia 900 just asking i saw one and really liked the feel of it performance wise
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,277 Global Posts
    I keep trying to give HTC the benefit of the doubt, but their commitment to their WP devices post sale is flaky. It looks like we won't know until Tango is released to see if HTC releases a firmware update for the Titan I. And it appears that the Titan I fiasco has caused many people to shy away from the Titan II and go for the Lumia 900, which is apparently far more problematic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Figure 8 Dash View Post
    I keep trying to give HTC the benefit of the doubt, but their commitment to their WP devices post sale is flaky. It looks like we won't know until Tango is released to see if HTC releases a firmware update for the Titan I. And it appears that the Titan I fiasco has caused many people to shy away from the Titan II and go for the Lumia 900, which is apparently far more problematic.
    i'm on the same boat, my experience with 5-6 random reboots a day with very very bad call quality and 2-3 dropped calls a day....that was the main reason i didn't trade in my Lumia and mind you i've been through 5 Lumias lol

Quote Originally Posted by krayziehustler View Post
    i'm on the same boat, my experience with 5-6 random reboots a day with very very bad call quality and 2-3 dropped calls a day....that was the main reason i didn't trade in my Lumia and mind you i've been through 5 Lumias lol
    5 900's??! What is going on?

Sent from my HTC Arrive using Board Express
    dumb phone > Palm Pre > Palm Pre+ > HTC Arrive> HTC EVO LTE > No more Windows Phones until WP gets Swype.

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    So far I'm VERY happy with the switch. The hardware has a really nice build quality. It feels really good in the hand. I actually prefer the titan 2's screen as the colors seem much more natural then the lumia's.

No connection issues.
    All the buttons work.
    Sound is really nice.
    Love the screen.
    Buttons work.
    phone charges as soon as its plugged in.
    Connections have been solid.
    seems snappier.
    scrolls better then the Lumia.
    CamEra is night and day better then the lumia.

I actually prefer the look of the titan over the lumia as well.

Also the titans price dropped to $149.99. So it was only a fifty dollar difference over the Lumia.

I'm very HAPPY!!!

..Gromet
    Tikerz and banjaboo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by nlocurto View Post
    so far i'm very happy with the switch. The hardware has a really nice build quality. It feels really good in the hand. I actually prefer the titan 2's screen as the colors seem much more natural then the lumia's.

No connection issues.
    All the buttons work.
    Sound is really nice.
    Love the screen.
    Buttons work.
    Phone charges as soon as its plugged in.
    Connections have been solid.
    Seems snappier.
    Scrolls better then the lumia.
    Camera is night and day better then the lumia.

I actually prefer the look of the titan over the lumia as well.

Also the titans price dropped to $149.99. So it was only a fifty dollar difference over the lumia.

I'm very happy!!!

..gromet
    i love mine... It's a beast!!!
    Sorry for asking a dumb question, does the titan 2 have an LTE radio?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,277 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rdubmu View Post
    Sorry for asking a dumb question, does the titan 2 have an LTE radio?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    Yes, it has full fledged LTE but only on AT&Ts network.
    Thanked by:
    rdubmu 

Global Posts
    486 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by krayziehustler View Post
    Sweet! You might get 5x $100 credits on your AT&T bill!

Global Posts
    486 Global Posts
    I had the Lumia 900 at first. Maybe it's just me but I don't really see what is so special about the Lumia 900 design and build. This design on the Lumia 800 works great, but to blow it up into 900 just looks weird. The camera is horrible on the 900. Also I couldn't get used to where the power button was. I was always hitting the volume down button.

I returned the Lumia and got the Titan 2 just love it. The screen is great IMO. Don't miss AMOLED at all. LOVE the curved glass at the bottom. The camera rocks and I haven't had any problems with the hardware. It's a very solid phone. Glad I made the switch.
    banjaboo likes this.

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikerz View Post
    Maybe it's just me but I don't really see what is so special about the Lumia 900 design and build.
    I agree. I just couldn't see what all the hype about the design was. It just looked like a black rectangle to me... I'm not knocking the Lumia, I just didn't see what was so special about it's looks. From day one the Titans design looked nicer to me.

..Gromet
    banjaboo likes this.

Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Well, I swapped my Lumia for the Titan II today. After trying three different Lumias, and having numerous issues, I finally had enough. The last Lumia started having issues with charging and draining the battery. The first one continued to have data connection issues even after the firmware update. The second one had rattling and camera button issues.

I had the original Titan and did not have any sinificant issues. Hopefully I will have the same luck with the Titan II.
    Tikerz, TaliZorah and banjaboo like this.

Sounds like the Lumia 900 sucks?

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I have a Lumia 900 and a Titan 2. They are both solid phones. I have to give the nod to the Lumia 900 though. I had a few reception issues with the Titan 2, and the screen is just flat out sad. Especially next to the Lumia 900's. The Titan 2's camera is INSANE though. Absolutely love it. It destroys the Lumia 900's camera with ease in almost every picture taking scenario.

Im not a avid photographer or one of those people who takes pictures of literally everything, IE: every meal I have :P

The Titan 2 is a solid phone though. However I haven't experienced any of the problems that people faced with the L900 so I have to give the nod to the L900. Plus I feel like HTC hasnt done ANYTHING to push the Titan 2, and Nokia is heavily supporting the Lumia 900.

Like I said both phones are GREAT, just the Titan 2 is more of a niche phone to a more limited market, (with the camera being the main selling point in my opinion).

Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Posted a few times about this already but my Lumia 900's battery died and I went to charge it and it won't take a charge. Just cycles through a white screen and a battery icon while plugged in.

It's bricked and apparently this is a big issue. I have done some searching and it's not un-common for this to happen sadly.

Returning my Lumia 900 later today and I was leaning toward the Focus 2 but after reading this board I think I am going to go with the Titan 2.

Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Its official! I got my Titan 2!

So far so good. I have already tried WiFi and a few other things people have said they were having problems with on the T2. Mine so far is doing good! *knocks on wood*

The HTC flashlight app (NO ADS!!!) and the panorama shot are worth it already. Glad I went with the T2.
    HeyCori likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by TaliZorah View Post
    Its official! I got my Titan 2!

So far so good. I have already tried WiFi and a few other things people have said they were having problems with on the T2. Mine so far is doing good! *knocks on wood*

The HTC flashlight app (NO ADS!!!) and the panorama shot are worth it already. Glad I went with the T2.
    Glad you're enjoying the new device! Please don't condition the battery on this one... Read my post in your other thread about your bricked 900 to see why.

Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by freestaterocker View Post
    Glad you're enjoying the new device! Please don't condition the battery on this one... Read my post in your other thread about your bricked 900 to see why.
    I did, and I replied.

However I think I figured out what was wrong with the L900. Or at least MY L900....

So if you notice, the L900 takes a few seconds to recongize something is plugged into the mini USB port. I know that this happens on all L900's. It literally takes about 10 seconds before it will start charging or syncing with zune... etc.

THAT is the problem. When the battery is completely dead, and you plug it in, it tries to star the phone (white screen) then it realizes the battery is too dead to boot the OS (shows the battery status icon). The phone turns completely off (that is what NOKIA needs to FIX!) and it starts the whole cycle again.

Phones need to know whats plugged into it reletively fast otherwise it will try to boot the OS from a dead battery then realize it can't. That should be able to be fixed with a software update and hopefully Nokia does that.

They lost a customer because of it and I think I would easily consider the next Nokia device if they do in fact fix that issue.

Now I did say that when I used the Nokia provided power supply it did end up charging up. I think that's because the higher wattage is recognized faster by the device. They need a software fix for lower wattage chargers.

I did, and I replied.

However I think I figured out what was wrong with the L900. Or at least MY L900....

So if you notice, the L900 takes a few seconds to recongize something is plugged into the mini USB port. I know that this happens on all L900's. It literally takes about 10 seconds before it will start charging or syncing with zune... etc.

THAT is the problem. When the battery is completely dead, and you plug it in, it tries to star the phone (white screen) then it realizes the battery is too dead to boot the OS (shows the battery status icon). The phone turns completely off (that is what NOKIA needs to FIX!) and it starts the whole cycle again.

Phones need to know whats plugged into it reletively fast otherwise it will try to boot the OS from a dead battery then realize it can't. That should be able to be fixed with a software update and hopefully Nokia does that.

They lost a customer because of it and I think I would easily consider the next Nokia device if they do in fact fix that issue.

Now I did say that when I used the Nokia provided power supply it did end up charging up. I think that's because the higher wattage is recognized faster by the device. They need a software fix for lower wattage chargers.
    From what I can tell this happens only when trying to charge from a usb-port on a pc/laptop.

Sounds more like a power issue on your pc I'd say. Stable and clean power supply through a usb-port depends partially on the PSU. If it's deliverance of wattage isn't stable enough, or insufficient in any way, your usb ports won't provide enough wattage or at least not stable enough, so it would be favorable to think that it could cause those types of issues. Even if not noticable when working on the pc, your PSU could simply be (just!) insufficient, or barely.

In this respect you can very much assume that using the provided charger is indeed much more reliable when a clean stable supply of power is needed.

I have had my lumia 710 flat out dead a few times, but it still charges through the pc just fine. At least for now. I have had similar issues with my PSU 6 months ago, only it was even more unstable and now and then sent my pc crashing. Had it replaced by a Corsair 850W unit, and it is as stable as a rock.
    Don't have any issues charging even when it's flat out dead.
    But when it's completely flat, I just have to wait maybe half a minute before it powers on.

Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by genuine555 View Post
    From what I can tell this happens only when trying to charge from a usb-port on a pc/laptop.

Sounds more like a power issue on your pc I'd say. Stable and clean power supply through a usb-port depends partially on the PSU. If it's deliverance of wattage isn't stable enough, or insufficient in any way, your usb ports won't provide enough wattage or at least not stable enough, so it would be favorable to think that it could cause those types of issues. Even if not noticable when working on the pc, your PSU could simply be (just!) insufficient, or barely.

In this respect you can very much assume that using the provided charger is indeed much more reliable when a clean stable supply of power is needed.

I have had my lumia 710 flat out dead a few times, but it still charges through the pc just fine. At least for now. I have had similar issues with my PSU 6 months ago, only it was even more unstable and now and then sent my pc crashing. Had it replaced by a Corsair 850W unit, and it is as stable as a rock.
    Don't have any issues charging even when it's flat out dead.
    But when it's completely flat, I just have to wait maybe half a minute before it powers on.
    It was any charger i used that wasnt the official nokia cable. Wall, car, pc, it didnt matter. I tried them all.

It was any charger i used that wasnt the official nokia cable. Wall, car, pc, it didnt matter. I tried them all.
    I only ever used the official ones for wall and pc. So can't give you any feedback on that. maybe it's just a flawed battery ? Tried a replacement for that ? Don't know but could be...

Global Posts
    557 Global Posts
    I just bought a Titan II that should be delivered this week. Chances are I'll be selling my Lumia to cover the cost. I really like the Lumia, but I had a chance to use a Titan II at an AT&T store this past weekend and a few things stood out :

1) Sometimes when trying to hit the "home Windows" button on the Lumia, I miss, and because the vibration is so weak, sometimes its hard to tell if a button has even been pushed. The Titan II seemed easier to hit the capacitive buttons because of the curved glass, and the vibration seemed stronger.

2) The "feel" of the Titan II just seems more "hand fitting" than the Lumia. The soft touch plastic and curves seem to really feel good in my hand, better than the Lumia.

3) There's no battery drain when using a light background. I've only had AMOLED Windows Phones, but I really like the white background. I've kept mostly dark due to battery drain, but the Titan II won't have that problem because its an SLCD. I did notice the Nokia "clear black" is significant, but so is a 4.7" screen compared to a 4.3".

4) The "sound bug" on the Lumia is too annoying - tired of keeping it at 30/30 just to hear keyboard sounds, but then have to use a really quiet ringtone so it doesn't blast, then have to make sure to turn down the sound to 5/30 just to prevent my alarm from scaring the crap out of me in the morning.

5) I know its a minor thing, but the Titan II has a notification LED and flip to silence. Nice touches.

6) THE CAMERA - I haven't used the Titan II camera yet, but the Lumia camera is AWFUL. I'm convinced I'd have won the Focus 2 Photosynth contest if I had the Titan II instead of the Lumia. Stupid bad camera costing me a new phone.

7) The apps - For all the press Nokia gets about its apps, there's only one I really feel adds significant value - Nokia Drive. And I don't use it that often. However, some of the HTC apps I can see using much more regularly - flashlight, notes, lists, HTC's hub.

8) Button placement - I'm still really hating the sleep/wake button being on the side of the phone on the Lumia. I keep hitting the "volume down" button instead of the power button. I prefer the placement of the power button on the Titan II.

The one thing I'm concerned about is the reception, because the Lumia does have significantly better reception than any other phone I've ever used. However, I've read three or four Titan II reviews, and they all said it has good reception and faster LTE speeds than the Lumia. Guess we'll see.

So, I had the Lumia 900 since release and was happy with it...kinda..until recently.

I've been through 3 L900s and the thing I didn't like was how the wfi signal would be sketchy. Not stable and I kept on having to switch it on and off to get it to act right.

It also randomly cut off on me a few time and was very difficult to get to power on again. I bought an HTC Titan 2 yesterday and here is my break down. Mind you, I've only had it for a day, so thing can change over the weekend.

Camera and camera options
    Screen size
    Sound (I can actually hear my email chime clearer through the music. On my Nokia it was harder to hear)
    Sound (Different sound options to adjust)
    Sound (it generally louder than the Nokia)
    Signal (I dont know if it is better or worse than the Nokia yet)
    Build (it not Nokia, but its still pretty good)
    Touch response (seems a little snappier than the Nokia)
    HTC Hub
    Flip over to automatically go to speaker phone
    Curved bottom so when upside down glass doesnt touch the table
    Power button placement

Things I dont like:
    Colors (they seemed a washed out and a bit faded compared to the Nokia)
    Video (probably goes along with color. Not as vivid as Nokia)
    Reflection on screen. Nokia doesnt have this as much

So, I'm probably admitting this now, but maybe I have been drinking the Nokia L900 juice and finally realize...that juice didn't have enough vitamins and nutrients. Not enough electrolytes (it's what plants crave)