One-handed Titan Users?

markwilk

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I've spent an unhealthy amount of time over the past few days comparing the Titan and the Focus S.

I've been to 3 different AT&T stores; one did not have the Titan, others would only let me handle the demo unit, which was attached to the security apparatus.

So...I haven't really been able to get a good feel for the device. I have been able to use the Focus S, though; and it felt good.

My question: how many Titan owners are comfortably using (browsing, typing, volume, on/off) the phone with one hand?

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

cormasco

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Been using the Titan for 4 days now and I love it. I don't have any problem typing, browsing etc.. using one hand. I do have big hands though. I do use my other hand sometimes but I do that with every phone.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I have both devices as of today when I picked up the Titan I can tell I will be using both hands more often with this device. I have large hands with long fingers and I find it a chore to reach the power button. Im worried im going to drop this thing.

markwilk

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I have both devices as of today when I picked up the Titan I can tell I will be using both hands more often with this device. I have large hands with long fingers and I find it a chore to reach the power button. Im worried im going to drop this thing.
That's my big worry...dropping it. I can shift my hand to lower on the device to reach the keyboard, but would need to shift it back to the top to reach the power button.

I'm often using my phone (original Focus) while walking my dog, and there are always interruptions that cause me to turn the phone on and off.

cormasco

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site

The power button is a bit awkward. It's so flush it takes some extra pressure to push. I turn it off and on with one hand but I do have to shift my hand somewhat to press it. The back does not have a lot of grip. That being said, I hav'nt had any slips or close calls.

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I've had no issues using the phone with one hand but if I'm using any phone for a length of time I'll switch to 2 hands. Quicky checking email, messages etc is easily done with one hand.
I do understand that people are afraid of dropping it though, I do find the cover provides very little grip, and is one of my 2 negatives (although it looks stunning). I ordered a gel cover from Amazon which fits snuggly over it and provides the grip I need.

Fiann

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I've had no issues using the phone with one hand but if I'm using any phone for a length of time I'll switch to 2 hands. Quicky checking email, messages etc is easily done with one hand.
I do understand that people are afraid of dropping it though, I do find the cover provides very little grip, and is one of my 2 negatives (although it looks stunning). I ordered a gel cover from Amazon which fits snuggly over it and provides the grip I need.
Zagg has their invisible shield on sale for cyber-Monday for half price. I had one on my Tilt 2 for the longest time. I'm not a big fan of the drag it creates on the screen but it definitely helps when it comes to holding onto the phone without it slipping.

s0uldrift3r

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I've spent an unhealthy amount of time over the past few days comparing the Titan and the Focus S.

I've been to 3 different AT&T stores; one did not have the Titan, others would only let me handle the demo unit, which was attached to the security apparatus.

So...I haven't really been able to get a good feel for the device. I have been able to use the Focus S, though; and it felt good.

My question: how many Titan owners are comfortably using (browsing, typing, volume, on/off) the phone with one hand?

I have been a one hand titan users for many years! ... umm wait :cool:
n/m ..

My phone is on the way we shall see !

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
It's rare that I use one hand to type on my Focus. Even in portrait mode I hold it with two hands. I expect much of the same from the Titan.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Ever since the accident, I've been a one handed phone user.

Thankfully, I had my old left-hand fingers fused to the tips of the fingers on my right hand, so typing on the Titan should be fine. Should be as easy as my one handed landscape mode tablet use.

woodbane

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Nope, I cannot use this phone effectively one handed but I do have small hands for a guy. There's actually some women in my office who have bigger hands than me and they're like 5'6". I'm a 6' guy.

Truth be told my Titan is going up on eBay today as I just cannot get to grips with this phone at all - literally. I am in constant fear of dropping it and just don't find it as intuitive to navigate around as my focus due to its size. It just feels 'wrong' in my hand. :(

I do make decisions quickly about devices and am very rarely wrong so there just doesn't seem a lot of point in using it for a week and hoping the issue will magicaly get better. I also don't want to risk damaging it in any way.

Don't get me wrong, it's not the phone, it's me. I love the phone very much but honestly there's no point if it's not comfortable to use. I'm going to sell it, keep using my Focus and wait for the next Nokia devices to land.

I'm really holding out for a 4.3" device - that seems to be my sweet spot.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Nope, I cannot use this phone effectively one handed but I do have small hands for a guy. There's actually some women in my office who have bigger hands than me and they're like 5'6". I'm a 6' guy.

Truth be told my Titan is going up on eBay today as I just cannot get to grips with this phone at all - literally. I am in constant fear of dropping it and just don't find it as intuitive to navigate around as my focus due to its size. It just feels 'wrong' in my hand. :(

I do make decisions quickly about devices and am very rarely wrong so there just doesn't seem a lot of point in using it for a week and hoping the issue will magicaly get better. I also don't want to risk damaging it in any way.

Don't get me wrong, it's not the phone, it's me. I love the phone very much but honestly there's no point if it's not comfortable to use. I'm going to sell it, keep using my Focus and wait for the next Nokia devices to land.

I'm really holding out for a 4.3" device - that seems to be my sweet spot.

There's the Samsung Focus and the rumoured Nokia 900.

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

Titan 4.7 size is not big at all even with Casemate case. I can browse and able to move around with ease.

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'm holding out for the Nokia early next year.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express Pro
This should worry HTC, Samsung et al as there do seem to be a dispropotionate amount of people waiting for rumoured Nokia phones (myself included).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon