Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I contacted AT&T on 8/30 and they said nothing doing yet..

"I certainly understand your frustration.

Although AT&T has received the software from the developers to correct this issue, we are still working to make the software compatible with our network. Releasing this software before it is compatible would only result in your phone not working at all."

I bought my phone so am going to unlock it and go to Straight Talk for much less money. If I'm going to be treated like this by AT&T I might as well as not pay them as much for the same crappy service.

Maybe by unlocking and switching to Straight talk I will get my updates. Anyone know if you will get the Titan updates by unlocking and switching to Straight Talk or do I have to unbrand the phone too?

Thanks for everyone shairing their ideas to the poor AT&T customer service!!!
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,535 Global Posts
    you can't unlock he phone.

I'm on straight talk and the only consolation is I'm not paying those shysters at ATT $90 a mo, but they still control the phone updates!
    Thanked by:
    bsmerl 

Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Head on over to XDA Dev and just unbrand your AT&T phones and then update to whatever ROM you want. My Titan has been on 7.10.8779, running Nokia apps, and screen capturing abilities, but you can also just update to 8779 or any other iteration that our European counterparts have been enjoying.

I'm scared to brick my T2

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,535 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ody360 View Post
    Head on over to XDA Dev and just unbrand your AT&T phones and then update to whatever ROM you want. My Titan has been on 7.10.8779, running Nokia apps, and screen capturing abilities, but you can also just update to 8779 or any other iteration that our European counterparts have been enjoying.
    no, requires hacky gold card y cable crap.

Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    If you're on Titan II, stay away, doesn't work yet. On making the Y-cable, I was nervous at first... but it took me 20 minutes to create the cable (after waiting 2 days for my amazon order... $4 per M/F usb cable). Stripped the wires, connected the right colors and then covered with electrical tape, closed eyes and 10 minutes later, had a European Titan that I could then load custom ROMS. Just don't load the 17.5 radio update as it seems to be for actual Euro Titan. My phone was stuck on HTC screen with 17.5 radio, so I just reloaded 16.5 and it was back to normal. Keyboard doesn't disappear like it used to, Nokia drive is loaded with turn by turn nav, City lens is a nice novelty, as is the ability to screen capture.

For me, easily worth the risk... I got my Titan from WP Challenge. It's like I got a free Lumia phone from the challenge!

Global Posts
    1,591 Global Posts
    And yet the moment apple releases an update it seems to magically work on all carriers including att, the largest iPhone carrier. Wait, isn't att the largest WP carrier? And xda peeps phones work, so their lie holds no water.

Global Posts
    498 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by power5 View Post
    And yet the moment apple releases an update it seems to magically work on all carriers including att, the largest iPhone carrier. Wait, isn't att the largest WP carrier? And xda peeps phones work, so their lie holds no water.
    I don't know that that statement is true... Apple's iPhone is so locked up that even changing an APN setting requires a jailbreak. Android devices can change an APN by sneezing on it. WP is somewhere in the middle where a special App is required.

I can tell you that I don't expect an update for the Titan until Windows Phone 7.8 - and after using a debranded Focus S and a Lumia 900 with the new goods on board, it's hard to get back on my Titan. The lack of MSN services or MMS is a real killer for me (using Red Pocket Mobile or Straight Talk.) Both the Focus S (unlocked and debranded) and the Lumia 900 are inferior hardware wise - but the software works so much better on either one.

The Nokia exclusive software still has the 900 in my pocket at the moment though... But I would bet that a busted APN setting or maybe even a line of code that botches the phone would be easy enough for MS to work into the Titan... lol

Global Posts
    229 Global Posts

AT&T Titan 1

Global Posts
    1,591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zcarman View Post
    I don't know that that statement is true... Apple's iPhone is so locked up that even changing an APN setting requires a jailbreak. Android devices can change an APN by sneezing on it. WP is somewhere in the middle where a special App is required.
    I never had to wait even a week to get my ios update with my iphone 3g. You could read on apple.com that the update was released and download it on itunes that same day. ATT was not even involved. Explain how this is not possible with WP. Its been many months since tango and still no update due to making sure it is compatible with the ATT network.

Global Posts
    1,591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Obi Juan View Post

AT&T Titan 1
    Same with me and mine was delivered to me less than 2 weeks ago as an exchange.

Has anyone seen this? I posted in another thread that was older.

HTC TITAN

In the list of fixes it says "Voice audio quality improvements". A fix for the mufled call quality issue?

Has been ready since September and obviously ATT has been holding it back..
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,299 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scdkad View Post
    Has anyone seen this? I posted in another thread that was older.

HTC TITAN

In the list of fixes it says "Voice audio quality improvements". A fix for the mufled call quality issue?

Has been ready since September and obviously ATT has been holding it back..
    Thanks, I hadn't seen that. Though I fear it's a little too late for both HTC and AT&T. This update should have been out a long time ago.

Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    Good to know an update to fix the voice quality on a year+ old phone is now ready and waiting for carrier approval.

Good to know an update to fix the voice quality on a year+ old phone is now ready and waiting for carrier approval.
    Yea I know-not holding my breath. Wife's Titan sure could use it though..really blows that this has been available since September and ATT is sitting on it..

Any day now... any day... any day.

I found that AT&T update announcement and got excited but it says September...so, when????

If you're using an AT&T branded HTC Titan I or Titan II, the devices can be upgraded incrementally to 8779 with Cab Sender; my wife's Titan I is subsidy unlocked but locked otherwise and I updated her device to 8773. My Titan I is interop unlocked and I recently updated it to 7.8.8835. There aren't enough changes in the 8858 build for me to change my device. All that said, why in God's name did Microsoft make it impossible to manually update MMS settings in this platform; Straight Talk users will know exactly what I'm talking about; I had it working then now it's not but that's for another thread.
    Last edited by berrywr; 12-01-2012 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Edit

I want the firmware updates, too.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,535 Global Posts
    what are you talking about getting ST MMS working on a Titan?

Global Posts
    1,591 Global Posts
    From what I have been told by ATT, they have been working on checking all updates with their network for about 10 months now.
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,299 Global Posts
    From what I have been told by ATT, they have been working on checking all updates with their network for about 10 months now.
    It takes AT&T longer to test updates than it does for programmers to make them.

Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    Contracts expire and new phones are gotten in the time it takes for them to update things. It's amazing that Apple can control their own destiny and the rest of us have to wait.

And yet when we use the phones our calls are dropped.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,535 Global Posts
    he was being sarcastic I'm pretty sure.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast