AT&T HTC Titan OS Update, anyone get it yet?

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I do not have an outlook.com email address with any contacts. I use Hotmail addresses via outlook update.

All my contacts are still in my phone though. How can I test what you are referring to?

Fuzzy John

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I do not have an outlook.com email address with any contacts. I use Hotmail addresses via outlook update.

All my contacts are still in my phone though. How can I test what you are referring to?

Make a change to one of your contacts on your computer and see if that change appears in the phone.
In my case I made a change using my Lumia 920 (WP8) by adding a phone number to a contact. The change was synced to Outlook.com and to People in Windows 8 but on the AT&T Titan with WP7.8 (WiFi connection) I have yet to see that change.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Make a change to one of your contacts on your computer and see if that change appears in the phone.
In my case I made a change using my Lumia 920 (WP8) by adding a phone number to a contact. The change was synced to Outlook.com and to People in Windows 8 but on the AT&T Titan with WP7.8 (WiFi connection) I have yet to see that change.

Yup was instantaneous. Added a phone number to a contact in windows 8 people tile. Unlocked phone and went to contact and number was already there. Deleted the number on my phone and went back to people tile in windows 8 and the added number was gone instantly as well.

Sorry yours is not working though. Have you tried a hard reset maybe? I assume with your 920 if you make a change to a contact on your computer it immediately syncs to your phone?

Igchoo

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Have an AT&T Titan in CA Bay Area USA, and successfully updated mine tonight per the posts above. Thanks to everybody who posted links, etc. I had to do the radio update first due to error on my first try, but afterwards it could not have been simpler. Def want to make sure you're charged up, and then sit back, be patient and let seven-eighter do it's thing. I think mine took about 30 mins or so to run through all the updates in order, reboot, etc., since I (like many others) had to come all the way back up from 7720. Coming over from Android on Verizon, I simply cannot understand the complete and utter lack of support for our Titans by AT&T and/or HTC - there's no excuse. Happy to have the update though - thanks again everyone - now to test!

The link to the radio update above returned a 404 error for me - here's a different one: Support - HTC TITAN Product Support - News & download

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
What is it with all of these threads never including a simple link to the files and programs that need to be used? Where do I find WP7_update_tool? Where do I find a program called seveneigher?

Found them:
seveneighter
Download: seveneighter.zip - Windows Phone Hacker

WP7_update_tool
http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=751891

Trying this now.

Ok, so I am really wanting to try this, but frankly, I do not want to break my Titan - or even risk breaking it, but this seems pretty safe. Does anyone have a write up on the instructions for this or do I just install the WP7 Update Tool, then SevenEighter and run? I have them both on my desktop at home and have almost convinced myself to try it. Is it really that simple? It seems like there should be more to this, but maybe not. Let me know if I am missing something here...

1) Plug Titan in to computer - close Zune software
2) Open SevenEighter - click on install Windows Phone 7.8 button - select all language packs and wait...
3) Then wait...

Is that it?

Last edited:

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Besides the new UI, keyboard fix and a couple settings(? I already have the camera setting from HTC anyways), what is the benefit to this? Doesn't really seem worth the hassle to manually force this update.

The keyboard bug is slightly annoying (mine always happens 3 times in a row. lol) The most annoying bug by far is when i have something plugged into my 3.5mm jack for sound output the whole phone goes flaky. Bing voice search opens, the volume randomly goes all the way up or down, tracks can skip ahead... Its like possession.

Having said that, I can't say I see any major benefit to upgrading at this time, unless I'm missing a major bonus to it. Obviously, if I got it OTA, I'd opt for it, but I'm talking the hassle of forcing it and hoping nothing goes wrong.

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm using a Lumia 810 at the moment, so no, I haven't had the guts to pull the trigger on Seven-Eighter yet... I'm honestly hoping for a Live Tile fix before I do it or maybe some good news from XDA about running WP8 on it... Frankly, it would be the perfect phone for me if it had a newer version of 7.5 and customizable APN's... That would do it for me... Ahhh, Titan love...

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DuckMcScrooge